Mirage III-CJ My First LSP RFI

Bill Cross

34 minutes ago, aircare84 said:

Great job Bill!

Really like the camo scheme you chose.

Thanks, Larry. Once I saw that scheme, I had to do it. No templates, just masked it off and went for it. We're so used to camo that is meant to hide while these recognition panels SCREAM out their identity. After about 1978 apparently the IDF stopped using them.

oh com'on Bill, it's not a shake and bake model, but considering the effort and eventual results, it's a great presentation.

I have several old revell kits that really need the TLC to get up to "standard", but that's a whole lot of different story (though  a nice kit CAN be built from the old revell mirage.....)

24 minutes ago, Jack said:

oh com'on Bill, it's not a shake and bake model, but considering the effort and eventual results, it's a great presentation.

I have several old revell kits that really need the TLC to get up to "standard", but that's a whole lot of different story (though  a nice kit CAN be built from the old revell mirage.....)

Jack, there are master modelers here who can turn **** into gold. I don't consider myself one of their kind. I guess for me the time isn't there to go through that. Poor fit is my biggest complaint with aircraft kits, and this one doesn't fit very well in spots, especially around the nose. I lost some detail around the blast shields for the machine guns that I never really got back with scribing and riveting. But thanks for the kind words. I think the "camo" scheme really makes all the difference. I'll take credit for the masking that entailed, but the IsraDecal decals were a big help. Far better than the kit ones.

Edited by Bill Cross

22 hours ago, Bill Cross said:

... I bought the Italeri F-104G because I'm an idiot. I've heard it's less of a problem....

Having built both - just about to start main paintwork on an RF-104G - it is less of a fit problem.  Perhaps after my Mirage experience - in my case the IIIE/R - I have been taking extra care to test-fit, adjust, repeat until happy.  In fact I'm really having a blast with the 104, I just hope I haven't hexed it by saying that!   :oops:

But I even enjoyed the Mirage, and having built it  I can appreciate the work that's gone into yours all the more.  An excellent outcome.  :goodjob:

17 hours ago, Jack said:

Bill, rest assured, your presentation of this aircraft is just fine, even perfect in my opinion, you made a great representation of a Mirage this way.....

Thank you, Jack, that's very kind of you to say so. I really appreciate it.

2 hours ago, reconspit said:

...man, i love it..., it looks so cool, great job!!!!:beer4::goodjob:

Danke vielmal!

2 hours ago, MikeC said:

Having built both - just about to start main paintwork on an RF-104G - it is less of a fit problem.  Perhaps after my Mirage experience - in my case the IIIE/R - I have been taking extra care to test-fit, adjust, repeat until happy.  In fact I'm really having a blast with the 104, I just hope I haven't hexed it by saying that!   :oops:

But I even enjoyed the Mirage, and having built it  I can appreciate the work that's gone into yours all the more.  An excellent outcome.  :goodjob:

That's encouraging. I went totally overboard on the Starfighter and bought all the AM things including the air brakes. I figure I have one F-104 in me. It was THE fighter when I was growing up.

2 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

I like what you did with the "Italeri Challenge", came out in your favor.

Cheers,

D.B.

Thanks, D.B. It just goes to show "never quit." You can't ever tell how something will come out. Now I just need to find some photos of the brake lines on Mirages and add them and I'm done.