Belgium Mirage V help please

Stevepd

On 10/21/2018 at 2:08 AM, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Pre-ECM mod Mirage V BA:

VXGJ1Lr.jpg

Renaissance Mirage V BA conversion:

(also comprising revised parabrake/ECM fairing, chaff/flare dispenser and IP)

gpfGGTe.jpg

The rearward-facing scoop seems a good bit too short, though.

Too far forward. 

Edited by Harold

16 hours ago, alain11 said:

you ought to buy the isracast set dedicated to the Nesher ,( Nesher is the Israel version of the French 5f)    but ..... only for the nose cone ????!!!!!! ...... hummm does it really worth it ???????

Alain

Well, I think it is worth as you also get a far better pit/seat and exhaust, typical pylons and missiles, Nesher decals, etc. 

The only missing link is correct wheels with the typical brakes but fortunately Harold released them. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2018 at 1:22 PM, Harold said:

they were for variants of the PAF Mirages. I would have to find my refs to say which they are.

Yeah, the 2sd one could be a good starting point for a Belgium Mirage V BA nose cone

and you're right about the scoop, way  too far forward....

Is there any available...?

Dan.

56 minutes ago, Daniel Leduc said:

Yeah, the 2sd one could be a good starting point for a Belgium Mirage V BA nose cone

and you're right about the scoop, way  too far forward....

Is there any available...?

Dan.

This one? I stated this one for the Revell kit several years ago.

zCqvng.jpg

jYMi8c.jpg

yoK7BT.jpg

On 10/21/2018 at 12:52 AM, Stevepd said:

With SMW Telford just around the corner I’m planning on getting a Revell Mirage, to be done as a BA aircraft as opposed to a BR from the 80’s (pre-MIRSIP) and the cash saved over the Italeri kit will be spent on the Renaissance AM. My research has found the following - Wiki says they were fitted with a 0.5m longer nose with the Pitot tube underneath the nose. Google images show the V BA real aircraft and others models with the Pitot tube on the point of the nose. Renaissance-models have produced the nose with the Pitot on the point of the nose and with a cooling(?) scoop underneath.

Can someone help before I take the plunge.

Steve.

Google Musee de Millitare, Brussels Belgium. I could be wrong, but I thought I saw one hanging from the ceiling.

Yeap, I know, this one is to go for my Revell kit, I'm gattering all my stuff for a Belgium V BA, and gonna use the Italeri Kit for a BR....

So once done with my Libyan Flogger in Desert Ship GB, I hope to start both during the hollidays.

Much appreciate Harold, let me know if you can help also for the pit pls.

Dan.

16 hours ago, Daniel Leduc said:

Yeap, I know, this one is to go for my Revell kit, I'm gattering all my stuff for a Belgium V BA, and gonna use the Italeri Kit for a BR....

So once done with my Libyan Flogger in Desert Ship GB, I hope to start both during the hollidays.

Much appreciate Harold, let me know if you can help also for the pit pls.

Dan.

I am getting a bit frustrated, unable to find all the set masters for the Revell pit...still hunting.

1 minute ago, alain11 said:

the Mirage , is firstly a matter of nose ( thousand versions and as much noses cone )  ..Harold , there is a market to fill ;)

Alain

I am seeing that as well. Oh yes, I have something ready for you. I will PM you later.

Edited by Harold