Belgium Mirage V help please

Stevepd

With SMW Telford just around the corner I’m planning on getting a Revell Mirage, to be done as a BA aircraft as opposed to a BR from the 80’s (pre-MIRSIP) and the cash saved over the Italeri kit will be spent on the Renaissance AM. My research has found the following - Wiki says they were fitted with a 0.5m longer nose with the Pitot tube underneath the nose. Google images show the V BA real aircraft and others models with the Pitot tube on the point of the nose. Renaissance-models have produced the nose with the Pitot on the point of the nose and with a cooling(?) scoop underneath.

Can someone help before I take the plunge.

Steve.

Mirage 5F:

ewlq8g5.jpg

LQ39Yx4.jpg

Mirage V BA:

oVlpNFB.jpg

Yjn40bn.jpg

Lh7glzD.jpg

IN4dDe8.jpg

Pre-ECM mod Mirage V BA:

VXGJ1Lr.jpg

Renaissance Mirage V BA conversion:

(also comprising revised parabrake/ECM fairing, chaff/flare dispenser and IP)

gpfGGTe.jpg

The rearward-facing scoop seems a good bit too short, though.

Edited by Ivan Ivanovich

5 hours ago, Harold said:

I did that nose for a modeler friend years ago. Nothing else though, just the nose.

azritt.jpgfjjV1C.jpgsoaMtD.jpg

interesting !!!!made for the Revell kit ... I suppose 

Edited by alain11

Without spending time working thorough my reference material , how much of that  Mirage 5 conversion would be used in producing a Nesher, and how much additional work would still be needed..  I've got  an IAF Mirage III, and a Kifir C7, so  Nesher would make a nice missing link!

ColinR

2 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Without spending time working thorough my reference material , how much of that  Mirage 5 conversion would be used in producing a Nesher, and how much additional work would still be needed..  I've got  an IAF Mirage III, and a Kifir C7, so  Nesher would make a nice missing link!

ColinR

Well, actually, as such: nothing!

The keel is different, the nose should be identical to the French 5F, the IP is just similar but not identical and the other parts are typically linked to the Belgian version...

6 hours ago, Scotsman said:

ColinR

you ought to buy the isracast set dedicated to the Nesher ,( Nesher is the Israel version of the French 5f)    but ..... only for the nose cone ????!!!!!! ...... hummm does it really worth it ???????

Alain