Tamiya 1/32 P51D Mustang

Vynce804

Dear All,

Below are pics of my latest build, Tamiya’s 1/32 P51D Mustang.  It was built to represent a 353rd Fighter Group machine sporting the characteristic black and yellow checkered nose.  I didn’t model any particular aircraft but instead took aspects of several and combined them into one fictional machine.  The kit is fantastic  with great detail and options, unfortunately I had to hide all of the engine detail as gluing the engine panels was the only way I could get a really good fit to allow me to paint the nose.  The kit was OOB with the exception of the seatbelts.  NMF paint was AK extreme metal and all other paints were Tamiya.  Weathering and washes were oil paints of various colours.

Small potholes on the way were problems with my first NMF paint job, which I had to sand off and do again  Also problems with varnish coats which in the past I have always found to be bullet proof.  I have tried some new products on this build and unfortunately I managed to have low tack masking tape remove a decal and some weathering even though they were covered by several layers of varnish…a new one on me and I think ill stick with my usual favorite products. 

Cheers

Matt

Rr55UNt.jpg

G9HtA1q.jpg

mtMbWoW.jpg

KpcT86w.jpg

0X2qXrZ.jpg

KE8cZVn.jpg

t4DzQC7.jpg

gLqJrQl.jpg

7E4PZ4u.jpg

Vc2m852.jpg

O2lLvOC.jpg

W6421dy.jpg

2dJAvzK.jpg

scxsYGP.jpg

ZbV4l7s.jpg

RLrsiq7.jpg

A6qG4jM.jpg

EydOAaV.jpg

19 hours ago, John1 said:

Very realistic NMF finish.  One of the best I've seen.  What did you use to pick out those tiny rivets with silver on the black ID stripes?  That looks very realistic. 

Hi, I picked out the rivets on the black I’d stripes with a light grey oil wash that I mixed from my oil paints.  I have been experimenting with using different colours and intensity of washes over different colours on the airframe and I like the variation it gives.  Cheers

Edited by Vynce804