FW 190D-11 & D-13 Hasegawa & Real Model

Miloslav1956

Thanks all.

I add both sets to shop during some days.

To D Bellis. I prepared sets according to available quality photos. Unfortunately, this is not visible on them. The most I drew from the Eagle book about the reconstruction of the Yellow 10. I'm still working on the top cover. For forming, use a special silicone rubber that does not shrink the casting.

Edited by Miloslav1956

8 hours ago, Miloslav1956 said:

I prepared sets according to available quality photos. Unfortunately, this is not visible on them.

For what it's worth, Grey Matter's D-13 conversion provides entire replacement fuselage halves with the bulges incorporated into them, while the Montex D-11 conversion provides the bulges as separate parts to graft onto the cowling. 

Just FYI.

D

15 hours ago, D Bellis said:

For what it's worth, Grey Matter's D-13 conversion provides entire replacement fuselage halves with the bulges incorporated into them, while the Montex D-11 conversion provides the bulges as separate parts to graft onto the cowling. 

Just FYI.

D

Montex set  not included bulges.

I want the set not to be expensive. When I add the entire body of the aircraft, it will be 100% more expensive.

D-11_zpsouasc5z2.jpg

On 10/19/2018 at 8:31 AM, Miloslav1956 said:

To D Bellis. I prepared sets according to available quality photos. Unfortunately, this is not visible on them. The most I drew from the Eagle book about the reconstruction of the Yellow 10. I'm still working on the top cover. For forming, use a special silicone rubber that does not shrink the casting.

The bulges are shown in the Eagle Editions book. The rear of the bulge is indicated by a dotted line in the profile and top views. In the same drawings see also the profile sections D, E and F for the subtle shapes of the entire top of the nose, which bulges further forward along and below the hinge line. The bulges are subtle but noticeable once you know where to look. See the following photos in the Eagle Editions book: page 22 top, page 64 top, page 68 top, page 71. A much larger amount of space has been dedicated to the D-11/D-13 cowl in Jerry Crandall's "The Focke Wulf FW 190 Dora, Volume 2" and that HAS to be consulted for more detail. 

In my own personal opinion, the very distinctive shape of the FW 190 D-11/D-13 is the very thing that makes the biggest and most important visual difference from other types. It has to be "right" or the whole thing loses its purpose. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

Sorry if this sound a bit negative, but there is more work needed to make a good Fw 190D-11 and D-13… But I really like what you have done so far!

As Radub says, Jerry Crandall’s “The Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Dora, Wolume two, Fw 190 D-9 D-11 D-13” is needed to anyone wishing to understand the D-11 and D-13!

My four things that I see that needs improvement is:
1. The bulges on the engine covers already mentioned.
2. The flat former gun cover for the MG 131’s should be flat at the sides also. As there where no guns inside it didn’t need to be bulged there. It should start as a more or less sharp bend at the lowest part of the wind shield and then fade into the panel in front of it, over the engine.
3. The tips of the propeller blades are not the same on the D-11 and D-13.
Both are VS 9 propellers but the blades on the D-11’s had clipped tips and the blades on the D-13’s had rounded tips.
4. The spinner of the D-13 should have a blast tube sticking out from the hole in the centre.

I can't figure out how to post photos so I can't show the differences

Edited by Micke D

16 hours ago, Miloslav1956 said:

Montex set  not included bulges.

While not shown in the image you posted, the Montex set does include them. Below is a pic of my own Montex D-11 set with the bulge parts identified:

mW7lRWL.jpg

They are not terribly accurate, but they are there.

D