EvilCarrot

Revell releasing Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon

40 minutes ago, alaninaustria said:

Is the 1/72 FineMolds Falcon kit a more refined kit than the Bandai kit?

Cheers

Alan

Apart from the price there's no reason not to go for the Bandai kit. (unless you prefer the ESB version) I've compared several of their kits and the fine detail of the Bandai kits blows any Finemolds kit out of the water. Also, the Bandai kit is larger by a fair bit, despite being the same scale. The Falcon and a few other FM kits are too small for their scale. And before anyone starts, I know they're not real and therefore can't have a scale, blah blah blah... :deadhorse:

Thats exactly it. If you like the ESB version then Fine molds. If you like the Bandai episode 4 version then the Bandai one is it. They are 2 very different models.

Edited by gunpowder

6 hours ago, EvilCarrot said:

Apart from the price there's no reason not to go for the Bandai kit. (unless you prefer the ESB version) I've compared several of their kits and the fine detail of the Bandai kits blows any Finemolds kit out of the water. Also, the Bandai kit is larger by a fair bit, despite being the same scale. The Falcon and a few other FM kits are too small for their scale. And before anyone starts, I know they're not real and therefore can't have a scale, blah blah blah... :deadhorse:

Actually, they can have a scale. You would base it off the size of the occupants of the ship.