Hasegawa 109 G10 and K4 1/32

anj4de

Hello all

I have a Hasegawa (Revell boxing) K4 that I would like to build soon, maybe even as a G10. Now I know of the issue with the squarish fuselage behind the cockpit. I wonder if anybody has tried to marry the rear part of the Revell G6 or G10 to the Hasegawa front? I just got another Revell G6 for less then 20EUR that could serve as the parts donor. Alternatively I also still have the Revell G4 boxing of the Hase kit that could be used as well...

Has anybody done this transplantation already?

thanks

Uwe

It can be done. I have done it at least twice. I lost most of my hobby info about 5 months ago .It is really simple. Both kits can be cut on the 1st panel line that that is behind the cockpit and is the 1st line that clears the rear of the wings.  There is a panel line that is under the rear of the cockpit  that can be also removed that ends at that panel line I just mentioned. Depending on which cockpit you want to use. I  used the Hasegawa front and cut the rear cockpit panel from it .That way using the Revell back panel gives you a edge to strengthen the panels. That way you have more holding the fuselage instead of just a vertical line. If you want to use the rear of the cockpit from the Revell kit don't cut it from the fuselage. HTH

Mike Horina

Edited by mhorina

Sorry I have no pictures to show how it was done. I did it soon after the Revell 109 kit was released. It would be maybe 10 years ago and I lost my computer that had my hobby stuff on it. At one time I thought I had outlined it on the LSP site. Long time back I did a Croatian 109 using this to make Black 4.  I think there was some discussion on this site at the time. Sorry I can't help more. It is really not that hard if you study the 2 kits with the thought of doing it. 

Mike Horina 

If I recall correctly, the disteance between the outer edges of the cockpit sill of the Hasegawa K-4 is wider than the cockpit sill of their "early" G kits. That may make it harder to blend the fuselage parts. But it is worth a try. 

Radu

I recall the same difference Radu,

Maybe minimize the shape of the area with sanding and or/epoxy putty you can use to reshape it.

Hyperscale and in particular Lynn Ritger posts discuss the anomaly.

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski
Eliminate unwanted sentence fragment

Hello again

I think I got it sorted...I was taking the Erla canopy from the Hase G-14 and held it on the K4 fuselage. The squarish part is not too bad. So I taped up the fuselage real good and sanded the profile more round until the G14 parts was fitting. The K4 cockpit is a touch wider in total but it's really not much, less then 1mm. I will now rescribe the missing details and shot some primer on the area, then we will see. The Revell Erla canopies are also a touch narrower but when I install the Galland armor of the Hase kit it gets spread to the right width.

cheers

Uwe