karimb

EDay 2018 Czech Republic IPMS show and contest

Hey everyone, 

Just managed now to post these as i have some downtime in Miami on a layover.

The show was on the 28th of September in Prague Czech republic and all i can say is it was awesome!

The venue changed from last year's Top Hotel and people including me found this one to be much better suited as it was much bigger and airier. Alot of the vendors were there although there was a bit of a drawback since the show was on Friday 28th of Septmenber which is a national holiday in Czech but a normal working day in neighbouring countries, so quite a bit of the usual suspects couldn't make it to the show vendor area. Overall i think the show was a big improvement on the one last year, and we also got served a treat by Eduard, with a real spitfire flying and simulating a strafing run on a steam train, with explosions and smoke !

What a show!

Below a few photos randomly taken from the blog, more on smugmug where you have the whole show report photos i have posted!

Thanks for looking!

Karim

https://karimbibi.smugmug.com/Scale-model-Gallery/Shows-and-contests/EDay-IPMS-Czech-Republic-2018

DSC04245-X2.jpg

DSC04279-X2.jpg

DSC04287-X2.jpg

DSC04308-X2.jpg

DSC04340-X2.jpg

DSC04364-X2.jpg

DSC04410-X2.jpg

DSC04458-X2.jpg

DSC04471-X2.jpg

DSC04478-X2.jpg

Thanks for sharing Karim, it's one show I aim to get to in the future, not been to Prague for about ten years.

I keep coming back to look at that Su 27, it really is outstanding. Right click, saved for future reference when I do mine.

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Thanks for sharing Karim, it's one show I aim to get to in the future, not been to Prague for about ten years.

Andy it would be nice to have you visit it's a pretty big show with very high standards... if you decided to come you can be sure you will find me there next year and hopefully the years after that too!

thanks for checking out the link!

Karim

Edited by karimb
jetlag bs messing with my mind

Thanks Karim, I did follow the link - the Tempest is particularly fine. 

ps. It's Andy, I do have a friend called Carl, but truth be told, he's a bit weird!  :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Thanks Karim, I did follow the link - the Tempest is particularly fine. 

ps. It's Andy, I do have a friend called Carl, but truth be told, he's a bit weird!  :rolleyes:

Right Andy...seems we all have a friend called Carl, and they all seem to be the weird type... 

Sorry again about that bit, jetlag is screwing with my head...

The tempest around the end of the post with a couple of closeups, the one that is Closterman's mount won second place masters, and the Roland DVa won first by the way! 

24 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

I would rather go to this show than Telford!! And is that Vlad from Eduard in the one photo with you? I met him in Phoenix, nice guy. Hope I got his name right.

Yes Tim, 

as we like to lovingly call him, Uncle Vladimir!

Eduard has done so much cutting edge stuff for our hobby since forever, its a real pleasure and privilege to be able to spend time with the man himself every year at EDay and have a good solid chat about things!

EDay is not as big as Telford in terms of vendors but to be honest for me its the highlight of each year. Moson in Hungary is also huge, substantially bigger than EDay, and is also a super chance to see whats new and take a look at the amazing talent out there...

We'd love to have a group of our cross atlantic LSP cousins take the jump across and visit the show someday!

27 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, great shots my friend.....I dont spy any Ho-229 pics though! :lol:

Brian, they're there in the folder, somewhere down the middle of the stash. She was sitting right below Jaroslav's F15 in-flight display!

that B47 was drop dead gorgeous by the way!

13 minutes ago, Gene said:

WOW !!! Modeling interest seems to be alive and well in the Czech Republic!  Good to see and thanks for posting!

My pleasure!

Yes it is always good to see our hobby is doing good, be it in europe or across the world. Always puts a smile to my face!

2 hours ago, karimb said:

Brian, they're there in the folder, somewhere down the middle of the stash. She was sitting right below Jaroslav's F15 in-flight display!

that B47 was drop dead gorgeous by the way!

Excellent! I see the man of the hour at the end getting his just reward!

Fantastic models on display there, Karim! Thanks for posting them. Looks like a great show, and it's encouraging to see such a mixed crowd, too.

Kev