Airfix 1/24 Bubbletop Typhoon Canopy

Uncarina

I’ve been looking to buy the Airfix 1/24 Typhoon first release with the bubbletop canopy, but read how the canopy had cracks and a distortion. Has this been corrected? If so, how do I avoid getting a kit with these defects?

Thanks!  Tom

21 hours ago, Neo said:

Nithing to worry about. I received mine with the defect. Contacted airfix and they sent me a replacement. 

My recent experiences with Airfix customer services haven't been so good. Waiting 6 months for replacement parts which were on backorder, then being told to take the kit back to the retailer when I chased up the status.

This wasn't for a Typhoon (mine was OK) but for another smaller kit released this year, YMMV

Cheers,

Bill.

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

I just received my replacement canopy this weekend: in great shape, and Hornby America customer service reminded me to watch the Airfix website this next weekend when their next 1/24 subject will be released.

Cheers,  Tom

Now that definitely sounds intriguing. I hope it's something cool.

4 hours ago, Uncarina said:

I just received my replacement canopy this weekend: in great shape, and Hornby America customer service reminded me to watch the Airfix website this next weekend when their next 1/24 subject will be released.

Cheers,  Tom

Lies, all lies... :P

9 hours ago, Uncarina said:

.............and Hornby America customer service reminded me to watch the Airfix website this next weekend when their next 1/24 subject will be released.

Yes very interesting.

I hope it's not just some re-hash of an existing kit.

Maybe this needs a new topic on it's own so we can have one of those "me want" type things going on like potential WNW releases ?

:D

1 hour ago, PhilB said:

Yes very interesting.

I hope it's not just some re-hash of an existing kit.

Maybe this needs a new topic on it's own so we can have one of those "me want" type things going on like potential WNW releases ?

:D

Good idea!

Cheers,  Tom

On 10/17/2018 at 10:35 PM, heraldcoupe said:

My recent experiences with Airfix customer services haven't been so good. Waiting 6 months for replacement parts which were on backorder, then being told to take the kit back to the retailer when I chased up the status.

This wasn't for a Typhoon (mine was OK) but for another smaller kit released this year, YMMV

Cheers,

Bill.

Bill, you must be unlucky my friend. I have dealt with Airfix customer services half a dozen times and in every instance, they have been exemplary

Just last week I discovered that the decals were missing in a kit, contacted Airfix and I had the replacement two days later - sent 1st class.

9 hours ago, Shoggz said:

Bill, you must be unlucky my friend. I have dealt with Airfix customer services half a dozen times and in every instance, they have been exemplary

They used to be very good, but the last couple of years they have been truly dreadful.

6 months waiting for clear parts for their recent 1/48th Sea Fury which were unavailable a few weeks after the kit's release. When pursued for the promised parts after that time, I was told they couldn't help and to return the kit to the shop where it had been bought. Fair enough and in line with consumer law, but why wait six months to tell me.
Canopies for their 1/72 Blenheim were chased for over a year, they eventually sent an entire replacement kit as they had no spares stock...

Cheers,

Bill.