Jennings Heilig

New, clean topic: HB B-24 Test Shot Photos

4 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

No doubt. After the initial feeding frenzy, the prices usually do come down.

And that's why I have never paid full retail for a kit in the past decade, which coincidentally is how long I have been back into model building.

3 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

And that's why I have never paid full retail for a kit in the past decade, which coincidentally is how long I have been back into model building.

Nor have I, and I don't intend to do so in the future either, at least for the overwhelming majority of kits. The price for the 1:16 Jagdtigere hasn't wavered much so far though, so when the time comes I guess I'll have to bust loose with the $300 for it.

On 10/31/2018 at 9:39 PM, Iain (32SIG) said:

Oooh - getting a little excited now  :)

I usually bin their decals anyway - always assume they'll be dubious and you can't be disappointed.

For the price they're retailing at - just gimme the blank canvass!  :thumbsup:

Iain

Yes won’t use the decals and don’t really care for the boxart...just the blank canvas that’s going to need a lot of AM and scratch building.

inbox review of final product posted over on Squadron web, getting excited to get my preorder asap

http://community.squadron.com/product-reviews/bigger-is-better/?utm_campaign=HpbbyBoss B-24J&utm_content=79558907&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

with some nice photos of the details

jan

1107180833b.jpg

1107180834.jpg

1107180834c.jpg

1107180835c.jpg

1107180837.jpg

1107180837c.jpg

1107180841a.jpg

1107180842.jpg

1107180844.jpg

1107180846a.jpg

1107180849.jpg

From the un-boxing video Gerhard posted the kit does actually look pretty good if not a bit massive, am I right in thinking a Liberator is larger than a B-17 or Lancaster? the wing span looks really "mahooosivly" wide, but maybe not so?

If I was going to buy one it would be a D. I know some prefer the front turret look, but I like the large glazed nose look and that would lose one split glass turret to try fix too, it might also help see some interior detail but also make it harder to hide nose weight that I am guessing will be a fair bit for a tricycle undercarriage aircraft like this ... sure hope those legs are steel reinforced, I never noticed any steel parts in the unboxing but maybe I missed it.

The only major disappointment seems to be the very basic engines, how much would be seen with the cowls on I dont know, but us as modellers would be uncomfortable knowing they were so basic, this will be one of the first serious add ons for the kit I suspect, hopefully followed closely by one part turret glazing .... but as some have said, for a blank canvas, this really does look quite good, the UK price is not too shabby either.

I do like Liberators, but having committed to at least one WnW Lanc I really dont have the space for a finished one, would need to make space for the box even if it was to become a stash dust magnet as some of my kits do !!!

Cant wait to see some talented modeller build one though, especially the D version once its out.