The next WNW kit..? 3 wishes...

Pup7309

On 8/16/2019 at 2:16 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Oddly enough, with the announcement of the F.I/Dr.I kits, there's really little else that I'm interested in from them (unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat with a Fokker D.III).

You mean Albatros D111?

On 8/16/2019 at 3:20 PM, Alburymodeler said:

The search for the holy grail is never finished. Y'all know as soon as you get your hands on the SS D.IV,  Spad, or Fokker D VIII, etc, you will be holding out for the next fix. There is no cure and no use kidding yourselves otherwise.

Well if they do a SPAD and a few others on the wish list anything after that is fine, and the search is over. For me anyway. But you’re right, the quest never ends!

Great thread. :yahoo:

My 10 personal WnW desires....

1. Boeing P-26.

2. Gloster Gladiator.

3. Hawker Hart.

4. Spitfire Mk-I. 

5 Lavochkin La-5.

6. Reggiane Re.2005.

7. Bristol Beaufighter.

8. Blohm and Voss Bv.141.

9. Fairey Firefly. 

10. Mitsubishi ki-46 Dinah.

It is fun to dream. Of the above I reckon the Spitfire in BoB colours is the most likely. Why there isn't a high quality model of that famous and cherished aircraft is beyond me??? :blink:

Edited by mpk
Spellcheck.

1 hour ago, mpk said:

Great thread. :yahoo:

My 10 personal WnW desires....

1. Boeing P-26.

2. Gloster Gladiator.

3. Hawker Hart.

4. Spitfire Mk-I. 

5 Lavochkin La-5.

6. Reggiane Re.2005.

7. Bristol Beaufighter.

8. Blohm and Voss Bv.141.

9. Fairey Firefly. 

10. Mitsubishi ki-46 Dinah.

It is fun to dream. Of the above I reckon the Spitfire in BoB colours is the most likely. Why there isn't a high quality model of that famous and cherished aircraft is beyond me??? :blink:

Could I add a Lysander, P-40b, Cr 32 or Ju 87B - desert schemes?

(Waiting and hoping the ICM Gladiator is almost WNW standards) 

Also- and this will never happen a B-24!

That’s all, I’m into WW1 these days but there are some interesting types that came out of the 1910’s 20’s 30’s even 50’s and beyond (sounds like a radio ‘best of the...’ )

But pretty sure Wingnut’s will stick to 1914-19 from now on...

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

I mean as long as they did/are doing the Camel and Dr.1, why not a SPAD now?  The Roden SPADs are getting harder to find, and as has previously been pointed out, as decent as the kit is, a WnW SPAD would be a large magnitude better. 

I bet [and hope] an Albatros D.D, D.II and D.III come along first - just look at the WNW language descibing the decals for the Roden kits in the Richthofen Albatros boxing.

15 hours ago, 19squadron said:

I bet [and hope] an Albatros D.D, D.II and D.III come along first - just look at the WNW language descibing the decals for the Roden kits in the Richthofen Albatros boxing.

Spot on. Decals for Dr1 now we have one. Decals for Albatros 111 now we want one. Hopefully just a matter of time... 

On 8/22/2019 at 2:19 AM, Out2gtcha said:

I mean as long as they did/are doing the Camel and Dr.1, why not a SPAD now?  The Roden SPADs are getting harder to find, and as has previously been pointed out, as decent as the kit is, a WnW SPAD would be a large magnitude better. 

Absolutely! If the Dr1 will be an upgrade from Roden then WNW SPAD will definitely outshine hobbycraft. Not just kit but referenced instructions acurate decals and nice box art...