The next WNW kit..? 3 wishes...

Pup7309

On 3/4/2019 at 10:59 AM, ringleheim said:

I assume production levels of all kits vary, and that the Gotha was produced in very small numbers.

The fact that a kit has "Sold out" tells us nothing about unit sales.

I can't think they would make so few in the first batch that if they did sell out, they still wouldn't break even. That is silly....

1 hour ago, cbk57 said:

My personal guess is that WNW is going to stay WWI focused.  We might get something based upon engines they tooled for the lancaster if we are lucky.  Also I am not sure they will reach into the dark corners of monoplanes to do unusual subjects like they have for WWI.  Cloth and wood aircraft have an inherent beauty to them that I don’t think you find in just every plane.  For that reason they can do planes from WWI most people have never heard of.  However I don’t think the same logic extends to obscure WWII airplanes.  No matter what WNW would do with it, you are not going to make me want to build a Brewster Buffalo.  You could easily name a number of WWII planes that no matter how well done, I just don’t care.  

I have no real idea, but I would suggest we will never see another WWII subject matter again from WNW.

There was a very specific set of circumstances, unique to Peter Jackson's interests, that brought about the Lancaster project that will probably never be replicated again.

Jackson is a WWI guy through and through and that is what WNW is committed to.  At least for now!  

1 hour ago, wunwinglow said:

I can't think they would make so few in the first batch that if they did sell out, they still wouldn't break even. That is silly....

They don't need to break even on every project, one project at a time.

They may not even need to break even on all business activity at the end of the year.  Who knows what their model is.

But a Wellington would fit perfectly,  stretched canvas over a tubular frame, a nice big twin engined  bomber as well. Would be awesome as long as the surface detail was subtle as I'm sure we would have another "oil canning" gate thing all over again!

Regards. Andy

2 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I have no real idea, but I would suggest we will never see another WWII subject matter again from WNW.

There was a very specific set of circumstances, unique to Peter Jackson's interests, that brought about the Lancaster project that will probably never be replicated again.

Jackson is a WWI guy through and through and that is what WNW is committed to.  At least for now!  

My wish is that they would do a couple, especially the Hurricane and early Spitfire, I agree with you though that this is unlikely.  But I would have also said they would never do the lancaster, movie plans or not.  

On 8/7/2019 at 3:55 AM, ringleheim said:

They don't need to break even on every project, one project at a time.

They may not even need to break even on all business activity at the end of the year.  Who knows what their model is.

Well I think the their coffers will be filling up after the Dr 1 announcement...enough to finance a Zeppelin Staaken, or Zeppelin. But you’re right it’s largely passion-based. 

Edited by Pup7309

On 8/7/2019 at 2:48 AM, wunwinglow said:

Maybe they didn’t think it would be so popular? Maybe a shipping container full of them got lost in the South China sea? Who knows. 

I think we’ll see the Gotha back in a late version maybe with lozenge or a duellist set.

No idea why text changes size...

Edited by Pup7309

On 8/7/2019 at 2:45 AM, wunwinglow said:

Avro 504, Strutter, Short 184

These are well known aircraft for the war but weren’t the flashiest types and so might not sell as well... and the rigging (though not as much as a Cauldron or other pusher types.) But if he wants to put them out he will...

20 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

These are well known aircraft for the war but weren’t the flashiest types and so might not sell as well... and the rigging (though not as much as a Cauldron or other pusher types.) But if he wants to put them out he will...

Slightly more historically relevant than that big Dick Dastardly Gotha thingy, I would suggest!! 

On 8/6/2019 at 1:54 PM, ringleheim said:

I have to chuckle when I see comments like that.   Unless you are his RLBFF, I’d humbly suggest that neither you, nor anyone else on LSP really has a clue what he’ll do next.   Far as I’ve read, the guy does whatever floats his boat when he rolls out of bed in the AM.  You saying he’ll never do another WW2 subject seems a bit presumptuous at best.   I can easily go back through years of posts where I was assured that WNW would never do a Camel, would certainly never do a WW2 subject and would absolutely, positively, under no circumstances, ever do a Fokker triplane.     It’s safe to say that WNW’s focus will remain WW1 but I certainly wouldn’t rule out the occasional surprise.