The next WNW kit..? 3 wishes...

Pup7309

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Cant see a manufacturer keeping kits if sold out. I would love them to do WW2 odd bods too.

An Anson. Beaufort. Defiant. Halifax would sell handsomely

Unless there was a pile they missed during stocktake. I think at Telford or another show they brought along some OOP kits for sale. 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:36 PM, Pup7309 said:

Thanks for your reply! I think the wings are the same. Is the fuselage the same on the CIII? The engine could be sourced but the tail plane like you say would have to be reshaped...

The C-111 has a longer fuselage but a smaller wingspan.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:46 AM, wunwinglow said:

... although you could look at it the other way, WNW have now made sooooo many WW1 kits at such fab-u-lus quality, the boot is now on the other foot, and the rest of the hobby is now lagging way behind. Add up all the kits from other manufacturers of comparable quality, ALL of them, across the genres, and I bet it totals less than the WNW range!!!  So suddenly, WW1 is the glut, and everything else is the famine!!

Obviously I don’t agree, but I respect your opinion. As far as I see, a WW2 plane the size of a comparable sized WW2 model, would probably be too expensive for many modelers. If WnWs follows the same tradition with WW2 as they did in WW1, I expect we’d see types never before produced and everyone would be crying that they want another Bf109 or an Fw190, but WnWs would ignore the requests.

It seems to me as I reread the various posts on this thread, that this is a WW1 enthusiasts vs WW2 enthusiasts thread. I do like WW2 aircraft, however, I have always preferred WW1 aircraft over all others with a handful of exceptions. WnWs is the only company that is or ever has been to produce large scale multisest aircraft or to ever make more than a few different kinds of aircraft from the Great War. I also do applaud Roden for the same. Unlike those WW2 enthusiasts, I want to see all those hundreds of different aircraft used in WW1. There are dozens of companies making WW2 models, but only a very few making WW1 planes. I don’t wish any WW1 stop making WW1 models and go to WW2 models. If they want to make both that’s alright with me, as long as they don’t slow down their WW1 production, but I don’t see anything broken with WnWs, so if it ain’t broke....

On 3/9/2019 at 4:25 AM, TimW said:

Be-2c, Be-2d, Be-2e.

So there!

Sounds like someone wants a Be.?

There are a few WW1 enthusiasts who are into the earlier types Be’s Avros Sopwith strutted, Farmans etc. Hope your dreams come true. They certainly have enough Eindekkers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 9:46 PM, Pup7309 said:

I guess the sky is the limit on what they can make. But will WNW make an obscure subject that won’t sell well?  

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3199

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/2BEE5BADA816F74D1CEBD05DEDBA51E8

I don't think anyone picked or wished for this one...what a surprise! Brilliant!

Well, if you missed the Gotha the first time around, here is the next best thing...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/3/2019 at 11:44 PM, Pup7309 said:

Think you might be onto something there. But which one?

Any of them would be nice...I'm more inclined to see a D or an E.

I'm usually wrong about what's coming, though!

Tim W.

On 4/22/2019 at 6:18 PM, fmatthews said:

Since they seem to use certain platforms again, what about a Se.5 or Se5a with Viper?

The Hisso Se5a has been sold out for a while, so it’d probably be a popular and an easy lift production-wise.

I missed the Hispano  Se5, but Id definitely take a Viper powered Se!

rafse5awolseleyviper.jpg

My personal guess is that WNW is going to stay WWI focused.  We might get something based upon engines they tooled for the lancaster if we are lucky.  Also I am not sure they will reach into the dark corners of monoplanes to do unusual subjects like they have for WWI.  Cloth and wood aircraft have an inherent beauty to them that I don’t think you find in just every plane.  For that reason they can do planes from WWI most people have never heard of.  However I don’t think the same logic extends to obscure WWII airplanes.  No matter what WNW would do with it, you are not going to make me want to build a Brewster Buffalo.  You could easily name a number of WWII planes that no matter how well done, I just don’t care.