The next WNW kit..? 3 wishes...

Pup7309

43 minutes ago, DonH said:

Based on WNW recent form, I can confidently say that they will soon announce a Phantom F4-K/M which has been under development for the past ten years.

Funny.......................but honestly a few years ago Id have said no way, but now it doesnt seem all that impossible. :lol:

The Albatros C111 must be coming out at some stage because the only difference I can see between it and the Albatros B11 is the tail section and the machine gun in the observers (back) seat. Would this be correct?

Next guess: Hanriot HD1 

and, maybe, single engine flying boat.

Edited by Pup7309

Actually the only difference between the  B-2 and the C-1 is the machine gun and if you have a Rumpler, it has a spare straight mount and machine gun.  The Alb. C-lll is longer with a larger engine than a B-2 but it is on my wishlist. I wonder if you just reshape the tail on a B-2 and add a machine gun, and called it a C-3, how many would know otherwise?

Edited by Fred Jack

Personally, I don’t want WnWs to switch over to WW2. WW1 has been such a void for so long, especially multi seaters and anything other than more than a few of the most common fighters. I remember when in 1/32 for decades you could only find Nie 17s, SPAD Xllls, Sopwith Camels, and Fok Dr1s.

On 2/25/2019 at 5:11 PM, Fred Jack said:

Personally, I don’t want WnWs to switch over to WW2. WW1 has been such a void for so long, especially multi seaters and anything other than more than a few of the most common fighters. I remember when in 1/32 for decades you could only find Nie 17s, SPAD Xllls, Sopwith Camels, and Fok Dr1s.

... although you could look at it the other way, WNW have now made sooooo many WW1 kits at such fab-u-lus quality, the boot is now on the other foot, and the rest of the hobby is now lagging way behind. Add up all the kits from other manufacturers of comparable quality, ALL of them, across the genres, and I bet it totals less than the WNW range!!!  So suddenly, WW1 is the glut, and everything else is the famine!!

On 2/26/2019 at 3:34 AM, Fred Jack said:

Actually the only difference between the  B-2 and the C-1 is the machine gun and if you have a Rumpler, it has a spare straight mount and machine gun.  The Alb. C-lll is longer with a larger engine than a B-2 but it is on my wishlist. I wonder if you just reshape the tail on a B-2 and add a machine gun, and called it a C-3, how many would know otherwise?

Thanks for your reply! I think the wings are the same. Is the fuselage the same on the CIII? The engine could be sourced but the tail plane like you say would have to be reshaped...

I like your idea of conversion of WNW kits. Imagine an Albatros C.III with the dragon and crocodile on the sides or even a simpller update of the B.II to a B.IIa with "Ada" polish decals and that big eye on the side. There are many extensions of the kits that I hope for, such as the Halberstadt Cl.IV, but with so many interesting alternatives we never can predict exactly what WNW will come up with.

Tnarg

16 hours ago, Tnarg said:

I like your idea of conversion of WNW kits. Imagine an Albatros C.III with the dragon and crocodile on the sides or even a simpller update of the B.II to a B.IIa with "Ada" polish decals and that big eye on the side. There are many extensions of the kits that I hope for, such as the Halberstadt Cl.IV, but with so many interesting alternatives we never can predict exactly what WNW will come up with.

Tnarg

Both those suggestions sound good. I’d put money on them bringing out the C111 with dragon sometime. I didn’t pull the trigger on the B11 (yet!). It’s an elegant looking machine and the wood decals look great but am still holding out for the C111...

(The B11 is an ‘early’ version so there should be a ‘late’, maybe?)

Edited by Pup7309

The difficult thing with WNW is that they do all of these great kits, but they seem to focus on one person's passion. (And I don't say that like it's a bad thing, look at all he has given us). If he doesn't find an obsession with French or Austro-Hungarian or Italian aircraft, then there is no hope for something like Polish, Middle Lithuanian, Russian or Ukrainian machines other than by conversion or by someone like Copper State. Special Hobby had a Hansa Brandenburg C.I on their list, but that seems as likely as a TBD from Trumpeter in 1/32 scale. Roden seems to have withdrawn to only smaller scales.

We are all sitting here like a Dicken's character... "Please Sir, could I have some more?" Maybe we need to be a bit more adventurous with conversions or scratchbuilding.

Tnarg