The next WNW kit..? 3 wishes...

Pup7309

All I can say is the HP 400 will be super impressive judging by the strides WnW are making worth their last couple of new new releases, the quality and crispness of the detail and fit on the D.I and now the Halberstadt are starting to head towards the Tamiya quality various people say they are already. Definately an exciting year for WnW fans ahead.

Regards.Andy 

On 10/15/2018 at 6:29 AM, petrov27 said:

Guess:

Breguet 14

Hanriot HD1

DH5

Wish:

Spad 13 (I just dont think the existing Hobbycraft kit is all that great)

Caproni Ca3

Great guesses and wishes. Only ones I’d add are some flying boats (Lohner etc.) and just maybe a SPAD and Dr1...

On 12/25/2018 at 7:13 AM, monthebiff said:

All I can say is the HP 400 will be super impressive judging by the strides WnW are making worth their last couple of new new releases, the quality and crispness of the detail and fit on the D.I and now the Halberstadt are starting to head towards the Tamiya quality various people say they are already. Definately an exciting year for WnW fans ahead.

Regards.Andy 

Yes bring 2019 on! (Although I might pass on the HP 0/400) Who knows what will be announced next...exciting times.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tony T said:

Forgot to mention earlier: 

The Italian thing Porco Rosso flew

Tony 

Macchi m5 if memory serves correct (That's the WW1 aircraft, not the red one)  They fought against Austrian Lohner flying boats. These are both at the top of my list.

Got a feeling if WNW does kits other than British/German types, they might also do a Hanriot HD1 (assuming no-one else has done it?)

• 1 month later...

Can you imagine a Zeppelin Staaken? 135 cm wingspan. Impossible! But don’t say impossible to Peter Jackson....

So much plastic! If it could fit into the Felixstowe/Lancaster box they might do it. The wings would need lots of support when built...assuming you can display such a  beast...at least the HP 0/400 has folding wings. 

Edited by Pup7309

10 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Can you imagine a Zeppelin Staaken? 135 cm wingspan. Impossible! But don’t say impossible to a Peter Jackson....

After HP O/400,  lancasters, Felixstowe,  ... nothing is impossible !
But Ilya Muromets will be great, wingspan only 34.5 meters (107cm).

In 1/48 scale, there is HPH B-36, wingspan 70 meters (145 cm).

The trend is at big size, as HB B-24 , wingspan 33.5 meters (104cm). And B-24 générâtes interest ...

2 minutes ago, john32 said:

After HP O/400,  lancasters, Felixstowe,  ... nothing is impossible !
But Ilya Muromets will be great, wingspan only 34.5 meters (107cm).

In 1/48 scale, there is HPH B-36, wingspan 70 meters (145 cm).

The trend is at big size, as HB B-24 , wingspan 33.5 meters (104cm). And B-24 générâtes interest ...

Ilya Muromets, 105cm, no problems!

Staaken IV ...just have wing in 3 parts...:)

How many people will build it anyway? But imagine the cost:o

On 10/15/2018 at 12:01 PM, timvkampen said:

WWI always will have the preference but at some point they will run out of subjects to issue...If this Lancaster becomes a success, and it probably will, why not venture / expand the WNW range and set up a WWII line. There are enough planes that can receive the same treatment as the stellar WWI kits. How about a Hurricane, Bristol Beaufighter, Lysander, etc.?

WW1 running out of ideas? Do you have any idea how many different WW1 types were produced? The French alone had hundreds.