The next WNW kit..? 3 wishes...

Pup7309

6 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I would love for WNW to do a MiG-15 or something really out of left field, on a repeating basis, now and again.

As far as traditional WWI stuff goes, I'm still holding out for a Dr.I and I would love to see a Caudron G.4.  There's a nice one at Udvar Hazy just waiting for WNW's team to show up with cameras and tape measures in hand.

Caldron g4 would be nice!

Except for the DRI, I prefer they do some kits that are not German or British.  I have no idea what a Caprioni is however, they have been pounding German subjects to death.  With WNW’s dedicated following, if they do something interesting people will buy it.

Fifty years ago when I was a child making 1/72 kits, few of the subjects produced by WnW had reached my consciousness. 

Maybe it's the internet, maybe it's the WW1 Centennary, but it more likely has much more to do with these models bringing almost forgotten elements of history back to life. That has to be a good thing, understanding our forebears and how differently or how similarly they thought, and the frankly quite bizarre conditions in which they flew and fought. 

I do hope Sir PJ dabbles a little more in later eras while keeping his core WnW following happy. A Wimpey with fabric over geodetic structure detail, the DeHavilland biplanes of the Golden Age such as the Rapide and Moths, and the Schneider Trophy entrants from Britain and Italy, amongst others, would all be fascinating subjects. But AFAIK there must be 25 or so WW1 subjects on WnW's secret yet-to-do list. 

So, the more modellers get carried away with their dreams, the more I say "what's that then?" and learn a little more. So why not indulge in those wish lists? 

Tony 

Seriously, this Lancaster model is just a one-off. At best, we'll see something like this every 60 or so kits, and even then, only if Peter Jackson is involved in some sort of overlapping scheme, where his resources can be used by WNW with hugely reduced marginal costs, (besides actual production costs) and tax benefits for WNW by transferring some of the movie development costs over, as I suppose the costs currently have no income against which to gain tax relief. WNW has lots of income.

We will 100% NOT see any more WWII subjects. 

Ever.

But, just in case, a Fw-189 would be marvelous.

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

Seriously, this Lancaster model is just a one-off. At best, we'll see something like this every 60 or so kits, and even then, only if Peter Jackson is involved in some sort of overlapping scheme, where his resources can be used by WNW with hugely reduced marginal costs, (besides actual production costs) and tax benefits for WNW by transferring some of the movie development costs over, as I suppose the costs currently have no income against which to gain tax relief. WNW has lots of income.

We will 100% NOT see any more WWII subjects. 

Ever.

But, just in case, [snip] 

Sadly, I concur. My musings were more philosophical.

Tony

WWI always will have the preference but at some point they will run out of subjects to issue...If this Lancaster becomes a success, and it probably will, why not venture / expand the WNW range and set up a WWII line. There are enough planes that can receive the same treatment as the stellar WWI kits. How about a Hurricane, Bristol Beaufighter, Lysander, etc.?

So many ppl holding out for the Dr.I.  I know it would be nice if every other modelling company just put in the effort of WNW to make their kits great.  But isn't that the essence of modelling?

When I built my first WNW kit there was nothing to do but do it right.  Nothing that stood out to say:  "This is mine" other than the tiny blemishes where I did it wrong.

But to take a kit that is less than perfect, and to make it a little (or a lot) better...  Isn't that part of the deal? 

A bit of a challenge, even?

Gaz

Logical choices might include the Halberstadt CL.IV, an Austrian Taube  or a late DFW as follow on to earlier kits, but then, "He said logic, heh, heh".

I could only hope for a Breguet 14, Hansa Brandenburg Starstrutter or Albatros C.III since all of those have great possibilities for markings (even Polish and Lithuanian options).

Tnarg

20 hours ago, cbk57 said:

Except for the DRI, I prefer they do some kits that are not German or British.  I have no idea what a Caprioni is however, they have been pounding German subjects to death.  With WNW’s dedicated following, if they do something interesting people will buy it.

I agree! Here’s a link for Caprioni Ca3 http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/aircraft/Caproni-Ca3.html

the wingspan would be about 70cm!