Hobby boss 1/18 harrier 2 plus build

Leontuitt1985

Many thanks for the comments gentlemen, she is a beast but it’s been great fun working on her up to this point and a great scale to practice scratchbuilding on. The only issue will be how and where to display. I think there is going to be a long conversation with the missus!

when I return home I’ll post pics of my work so far on the wings. Then my next project is the cockpit IP and side consoles. I’d scratch built the throttle but that was eaten by the hoover. 

Ill try and dig up some shots of my recent ju-88 build to show my external painting techniques. 

Yes I saw Harold’s awesome wheels! It was those posts that inspired me to share. I think they will be well worth the money and a great addition.

Edited by Leontuitt1985

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good evening Gentlemen and ladies if your reading! My apologies for the delay it seems close protection isn’t as quiet as people would let you think! Any way as promised here are some more images of my progress. It’s been a little slow as I only had a 7 day break before being back on task. 

Threw some primer on the seat and decided I still wasn’t happy with the dimensions so broke out the milliput. Whilst I was at it I had a play with a prototype for the seat cushions. 

Primed seat

1hvyLTL.jpg

Playing with the seat cushion highlighted to me the back was still to short. I’ve also added a set of seat belt harness mounts (white card)

kRrnepD.jpg

The seat after an extension (pre-sanding)

v30A8IZ.jpg

With the prototype back rest

USuVe7l.jpg

With some colour before the highlighting just gave it a quick dry brush so the detail came out in the shot. Going to be a bit of trial and error to get the colours how I want them. 

nxDCn6B.jpg

Here she is in place in the next few shots and one with the nose installed just to start giving an impression on what a beast of a kit it is! 

EmeV5Bg.jpg

sbvm0MN.jpg

gd5IFDR.jpg

hhAOEVo.jpg

And an an old full view mock up. Couldn’t resist! 

Sy9yTM0.jpg

i am home next week so will start the cockpit side consoles and maybe the ip. 

Have also just realised I have missed the 1/32 b-24 release which may be a good thing as having this in 1/18 and a 1/18 aggressor f-16 disassembled ready for some serious detail I think I may genuinely need a hanger should I find the b-24! Really happy to see such an icon in an impressive scale! Although being a lover of aircraft and 1/32 scale or larger I’d like a kit of every military aircraft on the planet! 

Any way I hope you enjoy the pics and I’ll get some more up next week of the wings I’ve re-shaped/butchered. 

Happy modelling! 

LT

Edited by Leontuitt1985

Hi guys, another quick update. Managed to bring a travel build kit and the cockpit so have started adding the layers to the seat. 

Added some yellow that still needs black striping and also have made a start on the upper harness straps and buckles. 

9HjFUTi.jpg

vl6C83V.jpg

hPlcPF5.jpg

4dFgji2.jpg

just the lap straps to go a gloss, wash then Matt coat and I’ll call this done! :) 

Edited by Leontuitt1985
Added images

Since it looks like you're going all-out with making it accurate, definitely looks like the instrument coaming needs some work. The real Harrier coaming is very angular on that port side, but Trumpeter molded it the same as Hasegawa, smooth all the way around

Matt