Hobby boss 1/18 harrier 2 plus build

Leontuitt1985

Hi guys I’m new to the forum and have never shared my work online. After seeing the lack of builds online for this model I thought I too would share my work. I will try my best to live up to the great work posted on this forum. To that end I’d like to share my progress so far on this great 1/18 harrier kit. 

The kit kit is massively out of proportion in many areas. But due to its size I think the main area of focus for anyone who sees it in person will be the cockpit. (It’s too large to be picked up when finished!) 

here are my progress pics so far. I have completed the nose puffer duct and started the mamoth task that is the cockpit. And reshaping the wings! 

Hi Kev, I’m currently using my iPad. I work in private security and am currently on task. It’s not until I’d uploaded the text I realised I can’t upload images from my tablet. I return home soon so will upload from my desktop. That is unless there is a way it can be done!? 

Many thanks for for the help. 

LT

Edited by Leontuitt1985

You can't upload photos directly to the forums, so you'll have to use a third-party hosting service. There are plenty around (Imgur is the most popular free one), and you can even use Flickr if you have an account. I personally use ImageShack, while others really like SmugMug. Unfortunately neither of these are free, but in reality, you can upload your photos anywhere that will accept them, and as long as you can get access to the direct URL, you can post them here.

Once you've got the images hosted online somewhere, you can simply paste the direct URLs into the post edit window, and the forum software will do the rest.

Kev

Many thanks! Let’s see if I can get this to work! 

Puffer duct before

U1Jg7vH.jpg

Cut out 

iVUXddO.jpg

built up with an old drop tank and some strip

y0tzrAA.jpg

6ni8Lou.jpg

yi3XrRh.jpg

the ejection seat was to narrow and far to short sitting almost under the line of the canopy, Ive widened it and added some detail, its more artistic licence but close to the real thing. Will look good painted 

ZgCQg9u.jpg

bnNKQD6.jpg

cv1R2yB.jpg

MLdsdub.jpg

this image is to show the proportions I’m aiming for 

EpQMgav.jpg

k0z0Co9.jpg

this is the beginning of the rear bulkhead

OsWdW0X.jpg

the bulkhead with some added detail pre priming 

o9OIfSl.jpg

and after needs some clean up but again will come together with some painting

97bzF4t.jpg

thats all the images I have until I return home then I can share the huge amount of work required on the wing reshape. It will be worth the hard work in the end I’m sure of it!

Edited by Leontuitt1985
Image link update

Almost there with the images! It looks like you might be linking to the page that contains them, rather than directly to the image itself. I don't use Imgur, so I'm not sure how to access direct image URLs there, but hopefully someone else can chime in and advise us there.

Kev

58 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Almost there with the images! It looks like you might be linking to the page that contains them, rather than directly to the image itself. I don't use Imgur, so I'm not sure how to access direct image URLs there, but hopefully someone else can chime in and advise us there.

Kev

In imgur, each pic has a drop-menu with an option for links, and if you pick the lower right option that comes up you can paste it directly into your post.

26 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

In imgur, each pic has a drop-menu with an option for links, and if you pick the lower right option that comes up you can paste it directly into your post.

I suspect this is only the case when you're logged in to your account, as there's nothing like that there for me when I visit the page.

Kev

7 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I suspect this is only the case when you're logged in to your account, as there's nothing like that there for me when I visit the page.

Kev

Probably; I am perpetually logged in so I always see the links.