Kitty Hawk's new Black Hawk!!!

Robthepom

4 minutes ago, 32tragic said:

If HGW do one of these rivet sets for the Blackhawk then anyone who wants to add raised rivets can do so, problem solved. :clap2::frantic:321022.jpg

Interesting concept, wonder what the cost is?  

8 minutes ago, John1 said:

Interesting concept, wonder what the cost is?  

Their Bf-109G set in 1:32 is USD$25.00 and the 1:32 Zero set is USD$30. The price of this larger P-47 set when known would be about that of the Blackhawk I would think?

Edited by 32tragic

An interesting concept. HGW makes nail head ...transfers(for lack of a better word) and for any natural wood fuselage Albatros they certainly add an extra level of detail. I'm not sure if I would use them, but when I see them used I appreciate the detail, and dedication to the subject the builder has. Molding/cost limitations will  always be a factor with scale models. The free market has replied with sets like this to allow those that are willing, to add this detail. The same with decals, engine bits, cockpits, ETC.  Not for everyone, for various reasons, but each gets to add detail to their comfort level.

Can anyone say if there is an SH-60 planned? Would be cool to see one.

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

An interesting concept. HGW makes nail head ...transfers(for lack of a better word) and for any natural wood fuselage Albatros they certainly add an extra level of detail. I'm not sure if I would use them, but when I see them used I appreciate the detail, and dedication to the subject the builder has. Molding/cost limitations will  always be a factor with scale models. The free market has replied with sets like this to allow those that are willing, to add this detail. The same with decals, engine bits, cockpits, ETC.  Not for everyone, for various reasons, but each gets to add detail to their comfort level.

I’d love to see them release a set for the H-60.  However, given that 35th helos aren’t exactly setting sales records, I’m not sure we’ll see anything.   Fingers crossed.  

HGW also sell strips of their raised rivets in various scales, so for the dedicated, you could easily do it yourself. I used them to replace raised rivets lost on a 1/48 Hasegawa AH-64D build during sanding work, and they worked great. You don't really need a dedicated set to accomplish what you wish.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Edited by Dennis7423

11 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

A SH-60 is in the plans IIRC!

TIM

2 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Nice effect!

See how nice and realistic raised rivets look!  Lol.  

Regarding the HGW rivets, do they also require the elaborate surface prep / filling of divots that Archer does?   

Edited by John1