AMS F4U-5N Conversion for the Trumpeter F4U-4

LSP_Kevin

7 hours ago, blackbetty said:

i still have two sets of -7 parts, but not complete. i thought about mastering an AU-1. but all this is cost prohibitive, Harold sais he wil never get even.....

Exactly. This project was simply a "favor" to us modelers to have something no mainstream kit maker or resin company would take on. The amount of rubber and resin, plus more time than I care admit too, I am just barely paying for the materials and that's it, no profits at all. Not to mention all the work and money spent by you in parts and shipping things back and forth, while working on the masters.

Well, hopefully someone will come to our rescue and release a late model Corsair series. I would love to do an AU-1 with ord hanging out everywhere. 

If I get really motivated to do one myself, I will let everyone know, but it would definitely be long in the future and maybe by then 3D will be the way to go.

20 minutes ago, waltmert said:

Harold,

if i am not too late, I would love a conversion set for the F4U-5N.

I tried PM but not getting through.

Karl, outstanding job!!!

Walter

My in box was full. I deleted a bunch of older messages.

51 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

I'm just gonna wait for Tamiya's -4

Any day now ...

It’s getting closer.   I have a cousin who has a girlfriend who overheard the barista at her local Starbucks tell another customer that her dad saw some folks from Tamiya measuring one at a local air show last week.   

With apologies to Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. 

On 10/10/2018 at 2:16 AM, blackbetty said:

thanx for the nice reveiw, Ray!

to be perfectly clear: the resin set was from Olivier Pinsolle for a -7, it is oop. he gave me the permission to remaster his parts: i converted the cowl with intake cheeks, the fuselage plug with the different exhaust location, cockpit parts and ip to a -5N. the exhaust stubs were mastered by me. the rest of the perts are recasts from Olivier, except the radar which was mastered by Harold. the canopy is vacformed by me from a master pulled from Oliviers canopy.

if you do the conversion, dont expect plug-and-play.

i am still working on getting the decals printed

the brass barrels you need for a nightfighter come from master for the skyraider kit

starting with a tamiya kit would be one hell of a job, see my thread for all the things you have to change on the trumpy kit

Hello,

How can I get a -5 set?

6 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Just PM Harold on this site.

The molds are reaching end of life.. I can usually get between 12 and 15 pours in most of the molds (some molds will do more)...I am at 14 right now.

• 1 year later...