1/32 ZM Horten 229 / Eday 2018

karimb

Hello gentlemen,

Have been quite busy lately with EDay IPMS contest and being on leave, and just got round to post this.

The kit is the Zoukei Mura 1/32 Horten 229 and it was my first kit from ZM and one of my planned contest entry for EDay 2018. In all honesty i was really positively pleased with the engineering and the fit of the parts on the kit and i have since added a couple of the ZM 32nd kits to the stash and am looking forward to building them.

To the basic kit i have added HGW textile harnesses, Master brass barrels, ZM resin weighted wheels and UVDR woodgrain decals. The initial plan was to have the wings displayed on a trestle which i had scratchbuilt but did not have time to properly paint and weather in time for the contest in Prague. Scratchbuilt items were added to the kit in terms of wiring and some missing items.

All paints were MRP and tamiya, metallics were Alclads. The exhaust heatshield metallic plating was done by foiling (thanks @Out2gtcha). Weathering was done using Ammo MIG products including filters, washes and pigments, and prismacolor pencils.

I finished the kit one night before the deadline and managed to pack it safe and sound for the two leg trip to Czech Republic.

To my total surprise, the Horten won best aircraft of show in the hobby category scale 1/40 and above!

Happy days!

Thank you for checking the post

Karim

On Brian's suggestion i have added a WIP section on the blog at the following LINK

333K8016-XL.jpg

333K8015-XL.jpg

333K8014-XL.jpg

DSC04119-XL.jpg

DSC04131-XL.jpg

DSC04208-XL.jpg

DSC04163-XL.jpg

DSC04197-XL.jpg

333K8008-XL.jpg

333K8013-XL.jpg

Edited by karimb
Added the WIP section link

Oh goodness, I knew yours would be a cracker, but that is beautiful

I might have to start another so i can do a wood decal skin

thanks for your advice with my build, and thanks for more insparation

'the Horten won best aircraft of show in the hobby category scale 1/40 and above!'

With good reason.

333K8008-XL.jpg

At first glance I thought a T-shirt had been made with your model on it.  Which would not be a bad idea.

Sincerely,

Mark