L-39 Albatros Romanian Air Force

florin13

At the end of the year, I managed to finish what I started in February! That's the maximum of what I've managed to get out of this kit. In this way, I want to thank my friends, Catalin Botescu, Ovidiu Huma, Bogdan Żołnierowicz, without whom this project would not have been completed in this form!
Kit HPH, 1/32, cokades masks and numbers made by Catalin Botescu, decals made by Bogdan (aka Mr. Decal), assistant from Ovidiu Huma! Painted with MRP.

About the plane

The first L-39 ZA Albatros aircraft arrived in Romania from 8 to 11 December 1981, joining the newly established Group 20 Aviation School of Fighter and  Fighter-Bomber from Boboc. Just over a week, on December 18, 1981, the first flight to the new jet plane and advanced reactive training was executed.

A total of 32 pieces of the ZA variant were purchased, an improved version, deliveries ending in March 1984.

Airplanes L-39 ZA operated in the Romanian Military Aviation between 1982 and 2007. 

Number 145 entered service on April 6, 1985 and had its last flight in December 2007, then sold. Today probably flies in USA or Ukraine.

Florin

001.jpg

20181008_113500.jpg

20181008_113441.jpg

20181008_114737.jpg

Edited by florin13