Fisher models AD-5W Guppy in 1/32....Done!

paul fisher

I'm calling this one done! Here's some pics of the finished model.I did leave the aft cabin removable so I can occasionally look at all the madness in the back, but I just love the look of that double bubble cabin on the model.used EZ-Line for the antennas so it wont break when opening it up at shows, as if I can ever get out of here.

Definitely a model with a unique character! 

Ytecp77.jpg

Never could find anybody left who could tell me the significance of the Pelican cartoon on the cowl, but I love nose art so there you go!

tOxS4xb.jpg

You can see one of the wire sway braces on the belly radome here, I used old guitar string.

I0R9KkZ.jpg

Just a wee bit of dirt and staining behind the lap joints in the fuselage skinning. Tamiya Smoke thinned with alcohol and Post-It notes as masking.

PVN4eBD.jpg

Static discharge wicks are from fine lead wire , they bend instead of breaking , which is good since people always grab the model just before you can stop them.

143ATuS.jpg

I used a common lead pencil in select panel lines to get a bit of crud on the wings.Hard to see in the pics, but effective up close.

lWO9AHe.jpg

That's all for now....I haven't enjoyed a build more in a long, long time.There's just something about this version of the Skyraider that gives me "the fizz"...