ME-410 Walkaround for Gazza

TonyT

As promised, images  uploaded to Flickr and can as previously said, they be uploaded to the sites Walkrounds, I hope they are OK, I might have some more... Presently 40 images.

Remember the RAF cropped the props, so the blades are incorrect.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142550108@N08/albums/72157702115890185

Edited by TonyT

Just now, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

The photos appear to have been taken in 2009. Should I change it?

Yep. The article copyright is separate to the photos copyright. If the article has only just come into being, then that's its copyright year.

Kev

On 10/7/2018 at 2:36 AM, Gazzas said:

Those are some great photos.  I'm guessing that all of the hydraulic pressure has been drained from the Oleos as they appear to be completely compressed?

Posibbly, I do not know the ground based height they would be in service,  the red collars are locks to stop the struts bottoming out, and to take the weight of the internals. The ones you can see in the bays are ground locks to prevent the gear collapsing if pressure went from any of the systems, that is if they are actually connected up.

10 hours ago, TonyT said:

Posibbly, I do not know the ground based height they would be in service,  the red collars are locks to stop the struts bottoming out, and to take the weight of the internals. The ones you can see in the bays are ground locks to prevent the gear collapsing if pressure went from any of the systems, that is if they are actually connected up.

I've been looking at period photos to figure out where they should go.  In the kit I'm building they have rubber (or some other material?) boots on the oleos and are fully extended.  Surgery is required, and I'm dubious about the rubber boots. 

Gaz