1:32 Consolidated PB4Y-2 Privateer conversion

Iain

1 minute ago, Iain (32SIG) said:

Just playing around with database - can't see Schiffer book - so will add (and try not to break anything!) :)

Iain

Beat ya! You can add the publication year, though, if it's in the book.

Kev

7 hours ago, Iain (32SIG) said:

Postie has just delivered the Naval Fighters book on the Privateer I ordered - and it's superb!

51LBnYDdOqL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A lot of detail in there - well worth acquiring if you like Privateers!

Not much on the French Aeronaval airframes - but superb coverage of the airframe and operations with the US Navy.

This is one of the most comprehensive Naval Fighters books I've seen at 240 pages and the best reference on this aeroplane I've seen...

Iain

On my "to get" list, as are several other Ginter titles, but just way too expensive for me, at least for the moment.

Wow, looks like you have about every 2D and 3D reference possible, Iain!

So the B-24 is due out Nov, right? So will the Privateer conversion be a Xmas release? :DodgeBall:

It is going to be a lots of work! Good luck!

I'm not sure what a full 1/32 Privateer conversion would need to sell for, but I'd be willing to shell out quite a bit  personally. I think the price point of the HB 24 will make any of these types of conversions more viable to purchase.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another thread of mine that I've moved to the Multi-Engine Group Build.

Started a few months back to collect info - I can assure everyone that not a single sprue bag in the kit has been opened yet - so the 'build' is still at 0% - honest guv!  :)

I need to get the 'wing fix' I'm working on for my Liberator build sorted before I fully start on this one - but I have been working through probable cut lines to extend the fuselage.

Maybe a week, or two, before I make any substantive progress - but plan is to do a lot of this one alongside the B-24/Liberator GR Mk.VI I'm working on.

What a brilliant time to be a Large Scale Planes builder, eh?!

PB4Y-2_Privateer_VP-23_in_flight.jpg

Blue Skies...

Iain