HKM 1/32 Lancaster Kit review

Gerhard

Finn, agreed very Tamiya esc I did mention this a while back and if it's the only load available in the kit I will be very disappointed. I did say we need SBC's included in the kit as most carried a varied load and the load shown was really only used on V1 sites as demonstrated in the link of Lancaster bomb loads.

http://www.lancaster-archive.com/lanc_bomb_loads.htm

Graham

Yes, good link.

After I previously posted a link to the prog about 617's raids against the Tirpitz, I did wonder if the am industry would be coming up with a 1/32 Tallboy and maybe a Grand Slam for other Lanc operations ?

Oh yes, with a trolley as well please !

:)

Edited by PhilB

21 minutes ago, PhilB said:

Yes, good link.

After I previously posted a link to the prog about 617's raids against the Tirpitz, I did wonder if the am industry would be coming up with a 1/32 Tallboy and maybe a Grand Slam for other Lanc operations ?

I treated an old fella that flew on that mission. Just came out with it and asked me in a way that he assumed he'd have to explain to me what he was talking about. I was astonished.

Matty

The Lancaster Archive site owned and run by Larry Wright (an Englishman based in Canada) used to have a very good forum; we had many active veterans who supplied us with real gems of information about Lancasters and wartime operations. I was privileged to have met and had lengthy discussions with several but sadly Larry pulled the plug on the forum for reasons which he never fully explained. Most of my contacts have now passed on though I remain friends and regularly exchange information with members spread across the globe.

5 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

There is a really good Channel 4 documentary on the raid.

Yep, that's the one I was talking about.

Considering the number of times they did the run, the removal of guns and armour plate and adding a big fuel tank inside the aircraft, they were very vulnerable.

Interesting speculation about why the nearby fighters were scrambled so late and missed them too.

3 hours ago, PhilB said:

Yes, good link.

No one does a bomb trolley do they? ( my marketing must be truly ineffective!)

Graham

7 minutes ago, GrahamF said:

No one does a bomb trolley do they? ( my marketing must be truly ineffective!)

Graham

Found yours with the cookie but only a Belcher Bits one in 1/48 with the fittings to take a Grand Slam or Tallboy and none of the bombs in 1/32.

There was a trolley with a "cookie" included in the Corgi 1/32 Mosquito B.XVI. 

Ground handling gear + blue peeps can give a nice sense of scale, just plonked on the shelf (without the need to tread along the "in a field near Stalingrad" diorama pathway).

Tony