HKM 1/32 Lancaster Kit review

Gerhard

54 minutes ago, Wurzacher said:

I personally prefer such video reviews due to the possibility to have a look at kit parts from different angles. As being German, for me there is no need to understand English to follow it (though I do).  :whistle:

I wouldn't have the confidence to do a video. It's rare you even see me in family photos too! :P

1 hour ago, Wurzacher said:

Ah, the benefit of being a native German speaker! :P

A video review of my favourite German model shop, one of the most large ones we have here. It has been said that the first limited edition of this kit will comprise not only clear parts for the front fuselage, but also the complete rear one! Fit of those parts is mentioned (and shown) as excellent.

They couldn´t show the wings, for they haven´t been in their first samples due to not having been ready for shipment then. Modellbau König will do another video when the wings have been arrived.

What I am really impressed are the amazingly polished clear parts! On the other hand, not having seen the kit parts in reality myself, the non-clear fuselage parts could possibly have been done from the same moulds as the clear ones, means, those are highly smooth on the outside, too. Could possibly need some primer for acrylics to bite. But we will see.

MBK expects their first kits in October. Their website mentions the kit to be available for sale from beginning to middle November 2018. Price is given as Euro 359.00, not taken into account the benefits a power-buyer as me gets from them...  :coolio:

359.00 Euro equals 413.92 USD, or 586.89 AUD for our Aussie friends.

I personally prefer such video reviews due to the possibility to have a look at kit parts from different angles. As being German, for me there is no need to understand English to follow it (though I do).  :whistle:

And ZAR 6118.57  for our South African friends. Add 15 % VAT on import.

@Wurzacher, do they mention the EUR 359 includes tax?

Just now, Gerhard said:

And ZAR 6118.57  for our South African friends. Add 15 % VAT on import.

Gerhard,

you have forgotten the 30% import tax on top of the whole lot. Hopefully a local shop or importer will import it direct.

Thanks for posting the model builder king review. Much appreciated.

It does look like a tasty bit of hardware. Maybe the price w/o clear fuselage halves will be more affordable (?¿) 

Frankly, I'd rather have a spare set of canopy and turret clear parts.

As someone else has noted already, I wish that WnW hadn't muddied the waters. 

Tony 

1 hour ago, Southern Bandit said:

I'm kinda glad they have actually Tony, might even say cleared the waters, heh ... seriously I'm sure both HKM and WNW will sell them out, perhaps just not as fast, its good for us consumers/modellers to have a choice though, we've never had it so good.

Not sure about that. With two expensive beautiful redheads in the room it's impossible to ignore them both. 

Tony

Nice detail for the most part but the bombs are some what lacking IMHO, almost looks like they copied the ones from the Tamiya 1/48 Lanc. Also note the bombs have the one lug moulded on and have you attach the bombs using the two pins:

but the British used the single lug suspension for hooking bombs on.

Jari