Trumpeter F/A-18F Super Hornet

Aircav1980

On 6 October 2018 at 2:44 PM, johncrow said:

Don- How has your F's landing gear behaved over the years?  Any sagging noted?  I have a couple of these kits but have not really had much interest in building them, until I saw your build...missed in back then. Very inspiring, and informative. 

If those main gear legs suffer the same ills as the Academy gear, wonder if any aftermarket metal will be offered?

jp

I have had my G in the cabinet for some years now with no sagging issues with the kit legs... and my G is exceptionally heavy due to all the resin, esp the 3 resin ALQ-99's.

My Academy D has been in my cabinet for about 8 years, built with the kit legs and no sagging issues either. The general stance of the Academy kit is a bit tail heavy but that's not because of the plastic deforming.

Cheers,

Marcel

2 hours ago, Marcel111 said:

I have had my G in the cabinet for some years now with no sagging issues with the kit legs... and my G is exceptionally heavy due to all the resin, esp the 3 resin ALQ-99's.

My Academy D has been in my cabinet for about 8 years, built with the kit legs and no sagging issues either. The general stance of the Academy kit is a bit tail heavy but that's not because of the plastic deforming.

Cheers,

Marcel

My academy Bug is ok as well, been done for longer than my trumpy super Bug. I guess it's builders choice...

Don

I too have an Academy F/A 18 on the shelf (a D model) it’s got the kit underpinning and never had a moments trouble with it, the ancient Hasegawa F 18 let out a sigh one day and fell off its legs though... ok mostly due to the old tube type glue finally reaching its structural load limitations. I also have trumpeters E (kit gear) and I’ve got 3 more Cs and a D to build... oh ya and a G and can not see myself upgrading the gear, i will do the intakes, cockpits and tail pipes only because I bought those items on a buying frenzy years ago... buying frenzies are part of my hobby.