ZM has an update on its Fw 190 kits

LSP_Kevin

1 hour ago, rafju said:

Thanks Kev!

nothing new about the 2015 announced "basic serie"?

53 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

None that I've come across.

Kev

I'm beginning to wonder if they've changed their mind with the basic series? ... customer feedback may have been overwhelmingly in favour of sticking with their signature SWS format for all types? ... It could explain some of the delays in production.

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Who cares.  I welcome any new Fw- early A-2,A-3 and A-4.  I understand many will roll their eyes over an early FW.  I’ll do the same with any new torch blower that comes along or a four engine bomber.   Rest assured however, I will always praise any effort for sharing here on LSP.    A fantastic forum for the masses.  

Just remember Jets are for kids.   Bombers are for those gents who love a year long commitment which I don’t neccassarly have that band width of attention span.   Just kindly saying.   

Go go forth and prosper you Liberator / Lancaster F-5 - Su whatever geeks!   

I can’t beleive we have an Hs 129 and Ki-45 coming soon and an early FW-!   

Troy 

Thanks for posting this Kev!  I don't spend much time at Facebook and I would not have seen this.

I was just wondering about this project yesterday as a matter of fact.

This is probably the most anticipated model in development I know of.

I simply cannot wait to get a hold of whatever they offer and start building.  

I am so glad to have early varients in the pipeline.  I will however pick up the PCM kit just in case ZM changes direction.

Note that I have more A-5 and A-8s and the like in the stash than I can shake a stick at.  I hope the new kit(s) are nice.

Rick

I realize the "Old Man" said they have had a number of setbacks and delays and no one really knows the answer, but does anyone here have an educated guess on when one of these might be available for purchase? 

I'm not that familiar with Zoukei Mura and don't really know how to read the tea leaves with them.

15 hours ago, Artful69 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if they've changed their mind with the basic series? ... customer feedback may have been overwhelmingly in favour of sticking with their signature SWS format for all types? ... It could explain some of the delays in production.

Apparently the reason they started the Basic Series is because there was a

large (enough) number of customers saying they preferred a simpler kit.

I'm sure they are also aware that there is a large segment of modelers that

like their kits but consider them too expensive.

I'm interested in seeing 'how much' less expensive they are.

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

True ... on all points ... yet we don’t have the statistical data on hand to say how large which groups of customers prefer what. They could’ve always had an about face??  ... I’m just speculating on reasons for production delays.

Having said that ... I too, am wondering what that ‘basic’ price point will be?

16 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Ever since this announcement I have been thinking that there is a simplified Fw190A already in production by Hasegawa that is offered at an "affordable" price.  If Zoukei goes forward with this simplified offering it's their choice, but how much less will they cost than the Hasegawa kits, one wonders.

3 hours ago, esarmstrong said:

Ever since this announcement I have been thinking that there is a simplified Fw190A already in production by Hasegawa that is offered at an "affordable" price.  If Zoukei goes forward with this simplified offering it's their choice, but how much less will they cost than the Hasegawa kits, one wonders.

While I am a big fan of the Hasegawa kits, the biggest problem at this point is that the earliest variant they offer is the A-5. If they beat ZM to the punch on the A-1 to A-4 variants, it will be tough competition. But for those who prefer complete engines and other internal features, it could still lean towards ZM. I'm more of the "basic series" hopeful, but still have to pick based on the merits of specific kits. Right now there isn't a really good kit of the early marks out there, so first to market would likely get my money.

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels