ghatherly

1/32 F-4G& F-4B/N SUPER SET UPDATE!!!!!!! 12/3/18

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I will be making a limited quantity if these sets over the next few weeks, for sale through Sprue Brothers.  

The F-4G will contain our new highly detailed Long exhaust nozzle ( pics later), and a simplified cockpit tub that eliminates 99% of the cutting and dust mess and fits with the Tamiya wheel well.

The F-4B will include a new updated Cockpit tub,  New main landing gear doors, Speed brakes and Seats.

Look for these kits to be at SB around the first week of December.

Thanks so much for all of your support an patience during the transition from Direct sales to Sprue Brothers distribution.

12/3/18 update;

GTR32060 , the F-4G Super set for Tamiya is on schedule to arrive at Sprue Brothers by the end of the week.    The kits feature a new tub design that is easy to fit as the huge casting block common with cockpit tubs has been eliminated.   Also updated were the Exhaust nozzles adding the peddle detail that every maker seems to overlook and new seates that have no molded seatbelts.

GTR32071. F-4G cockpit set for Revell will follow the following week.   Combine with the already in stock antenna, Nose correction, Belly strap, outer wings, exhausts, intakes, etc to create your own Revell Super Set.

GTR32059. F-4B/N Super Set will be later this month.   Making updates to that cockpit tub, Speed brakes, main gear doors.   Sorry for the delay but I decided to. make all new molds for the kit and that takes a bit of time.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Gary

Edited by ghatherly

On 10/2/2018 at 3:10 PM, ghatherly said:

The F-4G will contain our new highly detailed Long exhaust nozzle ( pics later), and a simplified cockpit tub that eliminates 99% of the cutting and dust mess and fits with the Tamiya wheel well.

Awesome, Gary! I'm almost ready to start on my Spangdahlem F-4G conversion using Jake's decals (F-4G 69-7558, 480th TFS, Spangdahlem AB, Germany, August 1987  -- SureFire '87 markings and intake artwork). So, this is great timing. Thanks!

Kurt

Glad to hear it.   I have revised the set  by making the cockpit tub less work to fit by eliminating the thick casting block that comes with open pour molding techniques.  I also will be introducing a new exhaust nozzle.  Our old nozzle was basic in exterior detail,  where as the new one has all of the fine rivet and weld details of the 1-1 nozzle.

FYI, the set includes the complete cockpit, antennas,  Slat outer wings,  CL Drop tank, belly strap, and complete exhaust set.Thx

Gary

ps. I am waiting on Jake’s new set as well.   Building the bird with Nellis tail code and the Weasel on the splitter plate.

Edited by ghatherly

Can those of us who have the older set purchase the new tub? I have the conversion in my stash, and would like to simplify the trimming and dust.

I'm really looking forward to this set. I always thought about building the weasel from the Revell kit, but this pushes me over the edge for the Tamiya kit.  By the way Jake's decals are great!

Chuck

On 11/7/2018 at 5:25 PM, ghatherly said:

Not for you Bill, and you know why.   IF you want something, you can buy it from Sprue Brothers.

Well, any thoughts I had about purchasing anything further from you just went out the window.

17 hours ago, Bill Cross said:

Well, any thoughts I had about purchasing anything further from you just went out the window.

Good, that was my intension.    

12 hours ago, jimbo59 said:

Can these sets be preordered?

Sprue Brothers handles all of our sales.   I will announce here when I ship to them as a heads up.

11 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

What about the B nosecone, isn’t it different from the J? Do you have a picture of the parts included? I am very interested.

Search our forums.   Tons of pics and info including completed builds.

12/3/18 update;

GTR32060 , the F-4G Super set for Tamiya is on schedule to arrive at Sprue Brothers by the end of the week.    The kits feature a new tub design that is easy to fit as the huge casting block common with cockpit tubs has been eliminated.   Also updated were the Exhaust nozzles adding the peddle detail that every maker seems to overlook and new seates that have no molded seatbelts.

GTR32071. F-4G cockpit set for Revell will follow the following week.   Combine with the already in stock antenna, Nose correction, Belly strap, outer wings, exhausts, intakes, etc to create your own Revell Super Set.

GTR32059. F-4B/N Super Set will be later this month.   Making updates to that cockpit tub, Speed brakes, main gear doors.   Sorry for the delay but I decided to. make all new molds for the kit and that takes a bit of time.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Gary

Edited by ghatherly

On 12/1/2018 at 10:06 AM, ghatherly said:

Search our forums.   Tons of pics and info including completed builds.

I would think that as a business owner selling and promoting your products, you would be more helpful than that. I'm sorry I bothered you to ask a question about your product. 

10 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

I would think that as a business owner selling and promoting your products, you would be more helpful than that. I'm sorry I bothered you to ask a question about your product. 

Wow, what a hateful attitude and for no apparent reason.  We spend hundreds of dollars a year for the forum here to answer just the type of questions that you asked.  Being a senior member you know this,  so why the nasty attitude I do not underhand.   I was very sincere in my answer to you that you have taken completely wrong.

FYI.  In the time it took to wait for a response from me and then write a nasty note, you could have used the "SEARCH FEATURE" and got dozens of threads with pictures, builds, etc........most of which is information that I do not keep and for better than I could have provide.  It is a far better source of answers than I can ever be as there is so much more info on the forum than I have to send to anyone.   As Senior member here, you know how the forums work, and doing your own research yields far better results than waiting for a simple answer from me.  

Hope this helps,

Have a Merry Christmas just the same.

Gary

Edited by ghatherly

On 11/7/2018 at 4:54 PM, ghatherly said:

I also will be introducing a new exhaust nozzle.  Our old nozzle was basic in exterior detail,  where as the new one has all of the fine rivet and weld details of the 1-1 nozzle.

Can we purchase these "new" exhausts separately? I have the "old" F-4G super set (for Tamiya)....

I also need further exhausts for my Revell F-4Fs

Edited by Luca