Lancaster purchase

Southern Bandit

1/32 Lancaster purchase  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying a 1/32 HK or WnW Lancaster?

• Yes, I am buying at least one HK Lancaster.
    • Yes, I am buying at least one WNW Lancaster, even though I wait longer.
    • Yes I am buying at least one of each.
    • No, not for me.
    • What's a Lancaster?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2018 at 10:59 PM

All good points and reasons so far, I don't really have the space either but always thought an exception could be made for a 1/32 Lancaster, especially a Dambuster, it will need to hang from the wall or the ceiling though. Probably the HK kit will have a wall hanging part, but not hard to fabricate if the WNW kit does not.

I resisted the HK B17's ... just, actually had one on order but cancelled it after much soul searching, as regards complexity, both of them are likely no more complicated than many other 1/32 kits such as Tamiya ones if not modern Revell ones, maybe not much more parts, just larger ones? we'll see.

Some might even buy a WNW Lanc as a mini investment, because I believe whatever price they will be they will sell out just as the HK ones will, with perhaps the WNW appreciating in price when they are all gone ... but that's not why I will be buying.

It seems like a lot of money, but not really for a main hobby when you consider a new performance exhaust system for a Motorcycle would cost more (If I were still doing that) what's the price of a new set of Golf clubs? I don't know, but I guess not cheap, when we lean some perspective to these kits the price does not seem so bad after all.

16 minutes ago, Southern Bandit said:

It seems like a lot of money, but not really for a main hobby when you consider a new performance exhaust system for a Motorcycle would cost more (If I were still doing that) what's the price of a new set of Golf clubs? I don't know, but I guess not cheap, when we lean some perspective to these kits the price does not seem so bad after all.

For grins, I just looked it up. A brand new set of high-end golf clubs will set you back about $1300.

- Dennis S.
  Thornton, CO USA

I am a no, happy for anyone that wants one that these are being done, but  I don’t have the space to display one, I doubt someone would buy one from me if I built it, and I don’t want to be bogged down in one project for the amount of time that a 4 engine bomber would require.  Probably like building about 4 Tamiya 1/32 Mustangs.  For me one of these might take close to two years to complete.  Considering I only complete about 1 kit per year akin to a Tamiya Mustang.

I don’t mind paying for a high end model, but I try to sell what I build so I recover a lot of what I spent on the front side but I just don’t think this makes sense for me.  

Edited by cbk57

I'm impressed by the skin texture and positive rivets shown on the WNW CAD renders. IIRC, Airfix put a similar treatment into their big Typhoon, but I don't love the subject enough to devote that much real estate to it. I'll be quite happy when the 1/32nd version comes out of the Czech Republic to slot into my Hawker flightline. Having said that, if they'd done all that surface detailing for a 1/24 Spitfire XIV, minds can be changed.

I can only hope that the style of surface texturing finds it's way onto some models I would actually like to get.

34 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Too big.  Not overly interested in the type.  Living in a Commonwealth country, I see them almost every day in commercials or TV programs.  Meh.

Gaz

+1 and besides I can drive an hour and see a real one.

Don

I plan on getting the HKM Lancaster! Always wanted one in 1/32! Maybe at some future point I will get the WNW release because it will have the Dambuster - only time will tell!

I like the HKM company - they have a nice engineering philosophy and I want to support Neil and his team!

Cheers

Alan

ps- my thoughts on the prices of these large kits are positive - there is a hell of a great return on the investment in terms of modeling fun!! So I’ll be getting the HobbyBoss B-24 too!

15% of people buying one of each?!

Really?!?!?

That's going to take up a lot of space - and money.

With HB's bargain Liberator close at hand, I'm only taking one other 4 engined bomber, and it'll be HK's.

First WNW kit that I'll pass on - but then again, first WNW kit with serious competition, and WNW's arrives at least a year later.

I'm sure HK's will look Lancaster enough for my simple tastes.