Junkers Ju388 L-1 (Revell Ju88 A4, AIMS conversion)

Wouter

A truly amazing model.  Congrats.  Question - I always thought this one was painted in various greys, not the late war greens that you used.   Do you have any references on the color scheme?  

Is this the same aircraft that is being slowly restored by the Air & Space Museum?

On 10/6/2018 at 2:03 PM, John1 said:

A truly amazing model.  Congrats.  Question - I always thought this one was painted in various greys, not the late war greens that you used.   Do you have any references on the color scheme?  

Is this the same aircraft that is being slowly restored by the Air & Space Museum?

Hi John,

this is not the same paintjob as the sole surviving example, but they were all painted in RLM 81/82 colors according to Christoph Vernaleken and Martin Handig (authority on this subject). Except for the nightfigther versions which where painted in RLM 74/75.

• 2 months later...

I missed this when you posted it in RFI Wouter, but what a supreme masterpiece you have produced there, a real model to be proud of.  The ultimate criteria for success for me is that you have to look very, very close indeed to decide whether that's a model or the real thing, and small details like the wind-blown oil stains on the engine nacelles add to the sense of realism.  As you've said, the AIMS conversions aren't a piece of cake by any means but you've certainly iced the cake there!!  Congratulations.