Tokyo Hobby 2018 show pictures

haveblue

I know there has been a lot discussion about the WNW Lancaster , but here are some other pictures from the show: 

Wvcpw0.jpg

sSELzw.jpg

I saw this 1:32 P40 buried in amongst things, label says basically "show display only, pricing and release to be determined"....made by a company called G.W.H

ShTzVB.jpg

TlNRIi.jpg

Hobby Boss 1:32 B24

HuxFlY.jpg

HKM 1:32 Lancaster

fv9dy8.jpg

4a7hLF.jpg

G1F7tJ.jpg

wT8J2E.jpg

3Fr2jQ.jpg

qvJCeD.jpg

yKmSjL.jpg

1:48 Tamiya Spitfire

CqJX3B.jpg

Weren't a lot of bargains out there but I did manage to snag one of these (even though I didn't need it!!! :wacko:) for $175 USD!

Edited by haveblue
spelling

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

Since I can't read Japanese, I am not sure if it included the float version as they only showed the wheels, but it is a start, and a pretty nice kit, too, considering its age.

You can see the float version in this photo, Ray:

IMG_4799.jpg

Still looks a decent kit after all these years!

Kev

Thanks for posting the pics - much appreciated

Never managed to snag that Doyusha Willow floatplane kit in the land of uk - maybe lucky next time!

Might also be a builder, to determine the feasibility of rigging as a modelling activity (in which case, hello Swordfish!) 

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
expressing gratitude

I hope HB re-engineers that Emerson turret on the nose of the 24J.  The seam across the top (like the old Monogram kit in 1/48) will be horrid in 1/32.  If not, we'll the aftermarket companies will have at least one area that they'll be able to "fix".

If the nose turret is like that, I'll be willing to say the tail turret is the same.  

I'm still looking forward to this kit (and the 24D).  It remains to be seen how they've handled the different tail turrets between the D and the J.  Cursory views with the Mark 1 eyeball are no doubt pleasing.

16 hours ago, Juggernut said:

I hope HB re-engineers that Emerson turret on the nose of the 24J.  The seam across the top (like the old Monogram kit in 1/48) will be horrid in 1/32.  If not, we'll the aftermarket companies will have at least one area that they'll be able to "fix".

If the nose turret is like that, I'll be willing to say the tail turret is the same.  

I'm still looking forward to this kit (and the 24D).  It remains to be seen how they've handled the different tail turrets between the D and the J.  Cursory views with the Mark 1 eyeball are no doubt pleasing.

Not an excuse, but keep in mind this kit is verging on only one third the price of the HKM Lanc - that should fund a new turret or two ;)