F4H-1 Phantom conversion- any options newer than Cutting Edge?

seiran01

Is there any option to make an F4H1 phantom in 1/32 aside from trying to track down the Cutting Edge set? I’m quite interested in building one but can’t find anything available. 

...if only option is the CE set, what would a fair price be if I were to find a seller?

thanks

The problem is also which prototype you want to make as there were many subtle variations. Moreover good documentation is not that common. I believe that CE also released an ebook about the mark that is possibly still available. The planes were visually attractive because of their colors but I am afraid the customer base for such a conversion is not that large considering the fact a proportion of the few interested people already have the old one. 

Hi 

In fact this conversion from the  F-4B  to the  F-4H1  is not that all  trouble.

I have made this connversion some time ago in 1/48 using the Hasegawa kit,  and I am

in works again using the Academy F-4B .

Here an interesting article by David Klaus 

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev2/1701-1800/rev1733-cec32177/00.shtm

Hope it helps

F16

1 hour ago, F16 said:

Hi 

In fact this conversion from the  F-4B  to the  F-4H1  is not that all  trouble.

I have made this connversion some time ago in 1/48 using the Hasegawa kit,  and I am

in works again using the Academy F-4B .

Here an interesting article by David Klaus 

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev2/1701-1800/rev1733-cec32177/00.shtm

Hope it helps

F16

Not all that trouble? You must be a very optimistic person as the kit just needs a new cockpit, a new canopy, a new nose, new intakes and flat wings among other things! :-) 

8 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Not all that trouble? You must be a very optimistic person as the kit just needs a new cockpit, a new canopy, a new nose, new intakes and flat wings among other things! :-) 

Thanks for your kind words Thierry, :bow:

in fact I was a guy unable to make any model other than those the manufacturers "allow me" to buy ...

and I like to model prototypes or "artistic concepts" so You can imagine my frustrations.

One very good friend of mine, who lives in Heaven today, used to say  that "the hard work was to build the original aircraft".

What We need is good and serious  references only, containing measures, data, drawings, scale references, some intelligent pics

and the modelistic feelings to interpretate pics and sandpaper ...  lots of sandpaper...!

The ejections seat for the F4H1 :

earlyPhantom1.gif

---from the http://www.ejectionsite.com/ejctpic/earlyPhantom1.gif 

Sorry, I did not know that the Phantom II F-4B was not made in 1/32 scale so modifications will be necessary in

the 1/32 F-4C/J  wings, but it is a lot more easier sand down those bulges than the contrary.

F16

Edited by F16
feelings