Meteor F.8

Hagar

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has built the HK Meteor with Fischers F.8 conversion? I did a search here and could not find anything and a search of the web has even less. I'm just curious about how others might have built it and any gotchas I should watch for. I am gathering all my refs and hope to start soon. I have Zotz decals coming and am looking at doing the Syrian bird. Thanks in advance for any help.

James

Excellent thank you. I have made the first cuts and have the nose and tail taped in place. Tail didn't come out quite as I expected but its okay. I dont suppose you were selling tail pipes and turbines were you?

James

One recommendation for the tail: cautiously remove as much as possible the resin in the tail with drills. I succeeded in removing close to one third of the total weight. If you don't do that you have to add a lot of weight in the nose to compensate and this is generally a problem for the LG legs. 

Work slowly as even without the conversion the fit of the large part is not really good on some kits. It is probably linked to plastic distorsion. If your kit has such a problem, take a lot of care to align and glue the parts to avoid damaging the very fine rivet engraving with sanding. 

Hth 

Thierry 

15 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

One recommendation for the tail: cautiously remove as much as possible the resin in the tail with drills. I succeeded in removing close to one third of the total weight. If you don't do that you have to add a lot of weight in the nose to compensate and this is generally a problem for the LG legs. 

Work slowly as even without the conversion the fit of the large part is not really good on some kits. It is probably linked to plastic distorsion. If your kit has such a problem, take a lot of care to align and glue the parts to avoid damaging the very fine rivet engraving with sanding. 

Hth 

Thierry 

Thank you. I will certainly do that. I cut out all the major pieces and the fit is pretty good, so I am pleased. Research though is a bit problematic. Thanks again for the suggestions.

James