Free eBook! Building the Revell X-Wing in 1/48 Scale

LSP_Kevin

4 minutes ago, Wurzacher said:

Bad luck for me, too, Kev.

What happens when you try to download it? I think these problems must be down to security settings on individual machines or browsers (or possibly local network firewalls), as it's the only way to account for the variability. The download definitely works, but not for everybody! :hmmm:

Kev

Well, I've done a little testing on this issue, and have discovered that the latest version of Chrome (69.0.3497.100) on the Mac, and Safari 12.0, exhibit the errors described here, while the latest version of Firefox for the Mac (62.0.2) behaves exactly as expected. It seems that Chrome on at least certain versions of Windows also behaves normally. I'll have to contact the developers of the plugin I'm using and let them know about this bug.

Kev

OK, a bit more fiddling and tweaking, and I've discovered that there might be a minor conflict for these browsers with the caching plug-in I'm using. I've purged the file from the cache, and am having more luck with downloading the file in Safari and Chrome. For those of you who have had difficulties so far, could I ask you to try again and let me know if it's any better?

Kev

48 minutes ago, Fooesboy said:

I'll be using the X-Wing book to gauge what the paid books are like.

There's really no comparison, Chris. The X-Wing book is really like a magazine article, and is only 16 pages long. And that's why it's free! By comparison, all the other books are 100+ pages, and as you'd imagine, with a great deal more content. Peter's Spitfire book, for example, is a mammoth 565 pages! The best way to gauge what the other books are like is to check out the sample pages on the website, or the relevant reviews.

Kev

On 10/2/2018 at 10:32 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

What happens when you try to download it? I think these problems must be down to security settings on individual machines or browsers (or possibly local network firewalls), as it's the only way to account for the variability. The download definitely works, but not for everybody! :hmmm:

Kev

On the first try simply nothing happened. When I tried now, after your reply, the new page opened and showed the download link.

• 2 years later...

I'm already tired of looking for information today on how to create an e-book. I really want to read the advent of a new Build Article Series, but there is no such opportunity. Can you please help me install the e-book? I will be very grateful. 

Edited by razbavitel151
mistake