Great Wall Hobby P-40B Tomahawk in 1/32

Jan_G

With all the excitement about Lancaster’s and Liberators this is a really smart release.  I like the subject and have been dying for a new P-40B I will be ordering one as soon as they are available already have my AVG resources on the shelf just awaiting something to build.  I did a couple AVG planes in 1/48 a few pears ago, I grabbed the Hasegawa 1/48 P-40 E the second I could get my hands on it and latter a Trumpeter P-40B.  Been wanting a 1/32 P-40B over the Trumpeter one for a long time.  I know the Trumpeter kit is adequate, but with some many 1/32 planes on the market that are extraordinary, I don’t see the need to buy just because it is adequate.  The quality standards have moved on since the Trumpeter release. 

• 2 years later...

I’ll be honest - I’m not a huge fan of this particular aircraft but I’ll happily purchase it to support these guys for jumping into the LSP pool.  With Tamiya and Hasegawa seeming to be moving on from the genre and not being a fan of ICM, KH, Trumpy or ZM (either due to crappy quality or simply their choice of subjects), I’m very excited to see a high quality manufacturer like GWH getting into 32nd scale aircraft.  I hope this is only the first of many kits that are close to Tamiya-level in their quality.