Great Wall Hobby P-40B Tomahawk in 1/32

Jan_G

Interesting to see their layout of the major airframe parts.  Looks a lot like a Z-M kit in the breakdown.  Seeing entire sprues worth of wiring and plumbing is fascinating, and something I'd seen in their jet kits.

This one definitely looks like a winner for the early Tomahawk

Matt 

4 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

The kit doesn’t (currently) include the British style externally armored windscreen. 

I did not know that the British P-40B had "externally armoured windscreen". Is it like the external armoured glass used on the Spitfires? Do you have any pictures of the external armour glass used on the P-40B? 

Radu 

Here's another shot where the external armour glass can be seen. While not apparently included in the current kit, I suspect that some careful surgery could see Part 2 inserted into the centre of the included windscreen as I did with my Trumpeter 403 Squadron model. I know, having the alternate windscreen (and a radio mast antenna) is the desired solution rather than a workaround when paying big bucks/pounds/euros/whatever for a kit.

7q1yu2H.jpg

e16MJeM.jpg

7 hours ago, Grizly said:

Here's another shot where the external armour glass can be seen. While not apparently included in the current kit, I suspect that some careful surgery could see Part 2 inserted into the centre of the included windscreen as I did with my Trumpeter 403 Squadron model. I know, having the alternate windscreen (and a radio mast antenna) is the desired solution rather than a workaround when paying big bucks/pounds/euros/whatever for a kit.

7q1yu2H.jpg

e16MJeM.jpg

Thanks for the photos, they are great. Nice model too.

Radu