Great Wall Hobby P-40B Tomahawk in 1/32

Jan_G

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I think whoever has a preorder open is jumping the gun by quite a lot.  AFAIK these are just test shots, and they don’t even have decals or a box yet.

I see very little point in preordering any model these days as it only insurers you will pay top dollar.  Then most of us are going to stick in a stack of models we hope to build soon.  I have bought a number of things lately and suddenly my stack is way too big.  This one is a super high priority for me, but I will wait also.  No reason to preorder.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, D Bellis said:

$150? Me buying that will never happen, I don't care how nice it is. 

Half that, and maybe...

D

I agree. But I think when they start adding a bunch of internal detail that many people will never see, that costs money and they BELIEVE it adds value and can charge more. See Zoukei Mura. People will say "well, you can build it without all that detail", which is true, but you can't BUY it without that detail. Maybe the could release a "weekend edition" like Eduard, without all the intricate internals,etc, at a better price. I don't see that happening, though. Personally I would have no interest in a WWII single engine kit at that price point. But its a free market, I am glad that there are those who will find this to be a must have and the answer to their prayers.

Edited by eoyguy

Quality costs.    Everyone complains about poorly executed kits and then are shocked when a kit comes out that seems to (so far at least) raise the bar but costs money (which seems to be in the same cost range as the Tamiya single engine models that we see dozens of being built every month here on LSP). 

I think the price is reasonable for what I expect to get from this kit.    

1 hour ago, petrov27 said:

Well if it ends up better than the Tamiya P-51 in quality, options, build, accuracy then maybe a $150 street price is justified, but I guess we shall see on that....

The price is in line with some of Tamiya's finer and more recent 1/32 efforts, such as the Corsair.  For what you get in the box, no complaints here.  Looking forward to this release.