Great Wall Hobby P-40B Tomahawk in 1/32

Jan_G

1 hour ago, ivanmoe said:

May just be a character defect, but I've never been able to do that. I build in all the guts. Then I close it all up. Absolute madness.

This one kid I grew up with, she built a “Visible Man” and then painted the body. Her family still won’t say her name. Real shame, she was a great kid.

2 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Yep, that's me, I hate sesame seeds. They get stuck in my teeth without adding anything worthwhile to the burger.

Luckily for me I don't think they cost extra.  :rolleyes:

Ah well, if we are to continue with the "burger allegory", this thread is not about burgers. This thread is about steak. ;)

Radu 

On 4/29/2021 at 4:25 AM, Radub said:

"Lots of detail" is not a bad thing. :)

Radu 

Detail is good...provided it can be seen. I understand the open panel fans will love this kit, but it seems to me that a fair amount of the detail appears to be in locations where it will never be seen once the fuselage is closed up. What's the point of that? 

Edited by coogrfan

2 hours ago, coogrfan said:

Detail is good...provided it can be seen. I understand the open panel fans will love this kit, but it seems to me that a fair amount of the detail appears to be in locations where it will never be seen once the fuselage is closed up. What's the point of that? 

Miles Davis said: "It's not the notes you play, it's the notes you don't play". Sometimes there is beauty in the stuff you do not see but you know is there. :)

Radu 

Detail is my release I don't give a **** if it can't be seen, when I had a proper job which was a bit heavy at times getting to the bench and doing the crazy ultra detail things I remember using Waldron 1/72 seat belt buckles on the two seat Starfighter making my own straps and threading them instead of the PE formed ones but I was pleased with the final result and a glass of beer tasted so much better.

If you want a self help on working with fine injection plastic try a Mini Art WW1 lorry that will test you straight from the box

Bob

Depending on the subject I like a bit of obsessive modelling and ‘knowing it’s there and even though I spent hours doing this and not something in the real world, and no one else can see it,  I feel satisfaction and pride knowing it is’

But sometimes I just want a quick no fuss build. 

Yes I will get this one and decide which way to go. Yes I’m glad ZM are doing a less - details option for their reported FW 190s

Edited by Pup7309

On 5/5/2021 at 1:24 AM, Radub said:

Ah well, if we are to continue with the "burger allegory", this thread is not about burgers. This thread is about steak. ;)

Radu 

Never had a steak with sesame seeds  :shrug:

BTW, I am in no way critisizing detailing. I understand that for some folks it's a kick

and that's why we do this thing.  It's amazing some of the level of detail some can

pull off.  :speak_cool: