Great Wall Hobby P-40B Tomahawk in 1/32

Jan_G

That engine is nice, looks like it could certainly be built as a display piece of its own, I hope they offer that as an option, especially if you have to close the cowling or leave it open.  It would be nice to do a closed up model and have that sitting next to it.  

15 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Very nice engine.  I don't do engines so I hope it doesn't jack the price up too high.

If the engine looks that good detail wise the contour and dimensions of the rest of

it will likely be pretty good too.  I like the early P-40s , lottsa cool schemes   :thumbsup:

Looks like another ZM concept. Well into $100 plus. <_<

If the kit ends up being a bit $$$$ painful I will buy the engine from you if that works. 

If the rest of the kit looks like the engine shown, in fit, form and finish, and the decals and clear parts are similar, 80US seems pretty good to me.

The engine looks very WNW quality to me.

It seems that if they included a few extra parts like the exhaust and the coolers you might be able to build the cowling closed up and still have the engine on display separately. That would be really nice if possible, but they would need to get the extra parts on the sprues.

Tnarg

3 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

If the rest of the kit looks like the engine shown, in fit, form and finish, and the decals and clear parts are similar, 80US seems pretty good to me.

The engine looks very WNW quality to me.

The only other in-line engine that I have seen with the degree of detail seen here was the Rolls Royce Merlin engines on the now-defunct WNW Lancaster kit.  Those engines were in the test-shot phase and were loaded with all kinds of exquisite detail in the from of tubing and pipes.

36 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Just had an email from GWH.  The engine will be able to be built and displayed on the engine stand as shown in the photos, separate from the aircraft, which will have parts for the exhausts and other stuff needed to show the cowling buttoned up!

Can you build it with the engine on the air frame partially or fully buttoned up?

7 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

If the kit ends up being a bit $$$$ painful I will buy the engine from you if that works. 

Hi Rick, I'm not really concerned with the price, I've bot kits between 1 and 2 hundred dollars before.

It looks like a pretty complex detailed kit which makes me think it ain't gonna be up there in price.

b15ee5f33a87e950e8eb432a07385343faf2b453

...maybe not  :shrug:

10 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Just had an email from GWH.  The engine will be able to be built and displayed on the engine stand as shown in the photos, separate from the aircraft, which will have parts for the exhausts and other stuff needed to show the cowling buttoned up!

Excellent news!   I was disappointed by ZM Ki-45 that provided a stand for an engine display.  ZM then declared that there were no extra engine sprues available.  Big tease that was.  I should email them again. 

Rick