Great Wall Hobby P-40B Tomahawk in 1/32

Jan_G

I see one thing that matters, cockpit floor is the wing, so we should not have the short cockpit problem.  I like the engine detail, i see all the detail in the fuselage, that will be nice for a few people, I would not personally use any of it other than the fuel tank and maybe the frame formers just to help it all go together.  I hope they get this on the market soon, I have been wanting this for a long time.  P-40b is a personal favorite.  I like the comprehensive engine detail, however if the cowlings are not removable I would not be using it.  To me I only want a detailed engine if I can take off or remove the cowlings.  I don:t like building permanent open cowling.

Edited by cbk57

One more point, if WNW had chosen not to build one of its more obscure subjects and chose to do a P-40B, this cad with no label as to who is doing would look a lot like something WNW would have done.  Especially when you compare to their plans for the lancaster.  It certainly is interesting, look foreword to the execution.

If they used Jumpei Temma's wonderful drawings (and why wouldn't they) we have a good chance at least the shapes/outline will be very close for the first time ever in this scale! 

I had hoped Tamiya would be doing an early P-40 but this one looks very good so far!

Giddy up!

There is a lot of detail in the fuselage that won't be seen but you'll pay for, just like ZM. Engine yes, as it can be displayed on a stand like in the photo but all the rest just adds to the cost. I have finished two of the Trumpeter approximations but the price of this kit will influence whether I purchase one of these.

TRF

6 hours ago, fastterry said:

There is a lot of detail in the fuselage that won't be seen but you'll pay for, just like ZM. Engine yes, as it can be displayed on a stand like in the photo but all the rest just adds to the cost. I have finished two of the Trumpeter approximations but the price of this kit will influence whether I purchase one of these.

TRF

Yes really want this one but paying extra for interior detail and engine not a plus for me. If it’s well reviewed and not super expensive will be getting this. 

Tomahawk-underside.jpg

Hi out of the game for some years but the P40 is still my thing and have a large library of info on early P40 H81...

This is looks great, I do see in cad, at least by the bottom engine cowl double cheek panel lines, they may of follow the FHCAM bird that has that vs the Jumpei drawings single panel line down center line, as also per photo on right 

Edited by HBBates

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 2:34 AM, thierry laurent said:

It looks the value of my Craftworks P-40 is falling...:lol:

Back about 2004, Craftworks announced their 1/32 Val. Indeed, they were showing a sample at a few model shows. But as I understand it Craftworks was run by three guys and one was getting tired of it all and as so often happens with partnerships, their little company broke up. Since then I have been waiting for a Val (and Kate) kit in 1/32. Some years ago I found a 1/32 Val in carved wood (one of those made in the Philippines) offered on eBay so I bought that. Needs a lot of detailing but it is a Val. 

Never could find a carved wood Kate, though. I have one of those 1/33 scale paper card Kate model kits but I have not cut it out and assembled it yet (probably never will).

I don't like fussing with such delicate dainty materials. This is a hobby, not a profession. If I cannot get pleasure from doing something in my hobby I don't do it.