Great Wall Hobby P-40B Tomahawk in 1/32

Jan_G

6 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

The P-40B/C is the meanest looking member of the family.  It's shape reminds me of a Great White poised to strike.  The later P-40's just don't grab me nearly as much.  I'll be right behind Rick in the queue. 

Taking my place behind :D

John

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Possibly.  We haven't really talked about it to be honest.  A lot of our 1/32 stuff has sold really, really slowly.  Not as bad as 1/72, but almost in some cases.

Sorry to hear that Jennings.  Hope you’ll stick with the scale.   FWIW, I’d pay considerably more for your products.  I’ve never had an issue paying for quality.   

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Well, a little over two years ago to be exact.  And they didn't even start actual work on the project until mid-2019 after I went to Seattle and photographed the airplane in Paul Allen's collection for them.

Ooohhh....this one:

IMG_0585.thumb.JPG.31877ae1ac27e1c355a35622851ab363.JPG

It's nice!!

I've built two Trumpeter P-40s and used up my decal collection for the type (one as a AVG and one as a 112sqn desert machine). If this is anything as good as it looks I'll be up for at least one and new decals and the kids in the street can have the Trumpy ones.

TRF

Of course there's a new P-40B kit coming out, just as I've struggled through the Trumpeter kit.....  :BANGHEAD2:  There's a reason that this kit stayed unbuilt in my stash for about 15 years....

It's possible I may get it and do the Flying Tigers version I started out building.  After all, I have a set of FT decals to use up.  But I'll definitely wait until I see a WIP here before buying, as I want to see what the kit is actually like.

Cheers,

Michael

5 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

lNijHLC.jpg

:o

looks like trouble!  Years ago I absolutely had to have the Trumpeter Wildcat kit.  Bought it from Hobby Link Japan.  Opened the box and phwew what a mess.  Worst shape and design award went to that one.  Luckily the kit released in USA was the “corrected” version.