Jump to content
seiran01

WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

Everything costs more. I remember the first kit I bought that was over $100.00 Canadian dollars Trumpeter A-10 (back then that would’ve been about $7.00 USD’s haha) I swore I’d never buy a kit over $200.00 CDN, well that was $300.00 ago. And I still buy them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chrish said:

Everything costs more. I remember the first kit I bought that was over $100.00 Canadian dollars Trumpeter A-10 (back then that would’ve been about $7.00 USD’s haha) I swore I’d never buy a kit over $200.00 CDN, well that was $300.00 ago. And I still buy them...

I agree.  Look at the price of autos,  food houses, everything that we have and use goes up,  making our old money worth less than when we earned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we should refer to model prices in terms of ounces of gold? Maybe it would sound better? "Wow, I can buy that WNW kit for only 1/3 oz of gold!" See, sounds better. Just don't mention what it costs in ounces of silver...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ghatherly said:

                         ... the same folks every time turn the thread in a " poor woe is me, the price is to high" complaint thread.   

 

You're not keeping track are you ???

 

 YDjqQq2.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following someone who's building the HK kit and there seems to be a lot of fit issues and scribing line up especially on the wings, not to mention detail that hasn't been added that ought to be there in 1/32 scale, anyone built one, as the HK price for issues like this seems very high

If the problems are right about the HK kit I would think a lot of people will wait it out for the WNW kit even if it is more expensive, at least you know by their previous kits the detail and fit will be guaranteed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colin said:

Following someone who's building the HK kit and there seems to be a lot of fit issues and scribing line up especially on the wings, not to mention detail that hasn't been added that ought to be there in 1/32 scale, anyone built one, as the HK price for issues like this seems very high

If the problems are right about the HK kit I would think a lot of people will wait it out for the WNW kit even if it is more expensive, at least you know by their previous kits the detail and fit will be guaranteed

 

I built a test shot and had no issue with fit....even the plug-in wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure how the Lanc wings attach, but if the connection is like their B-25, I must say, I wish all wing systems were like that.  The fit was exceptionally positive, and even though I glued mine on, it would not take much to make the wings fully removable.   I just found that the wings on my B-25 were just a hair too tight to reliably remove them withtout damage to the model.

That would have been easily fixed with some slight sanding of specific spots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch Nigel's build on YouTube.  He points out the good and bad.  I would gladly pay another $100 to bypass the issues he has pointed out.   Some of HK's kits are really nice.  Don't get me wrong but they are a starting point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Im not sure how the Lanc wings attach, but if the connection is like their B-25, I must say, I wish all wing systems were like that.  The fit was exceptionally positive, and even though I glued mine on, it would not take much to make the wings fully removable.   I just found that the wings on my B-25 were just a hair too tight to reliably remove them withtout damage to the model.

That would have been easily fixed with some slight sanding of specific spots. 

 

The wing attachment on HKM's Lancaster is the same as on their B-25, Brian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cees Broere said:

Hi Colin,

What fit issues are there and what detail hasn't been added?Just being curious.

Cees

 

2 hours ago, nichenson said:

Watch Nigel's build on YouTube.  He points out the good and bad.  I would gladly pay another $100 to bypass the issues he has pointed out.   Some of HK's kits are really nice.  Don't get me wrong but they are a starting point.  

The very same person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2019 at 3:06 AM, MikeMaben said:

 

You're not keeping track are you ???

 

 YDjqQq2.jpg

 

 

Hi,

No I don't, just a general assessment based on being able to count neutral or positive threads on one hand.  I don't get much of a chance to look at the site any more and new products threads interest me...or at least used to but they are such downers that I don't even bother.  I guess because I have friends here and am a sponsor I care about what takes place.   

 

Unfortunately,   this behavior is a symptom of the whole hobby, not just here.  I see many, many modelers at the shows and most are very turned off by the negativity and don't even visit sites any longer outside of the build and show threads.

Edited by ghatherly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ghatherly said:

Hi,

No I don't, just a general assessment based on being able to count neutral or positive threads on on hand.  I don't get much of a chance to look at the site any more and new products threads interest me...or at least used to but they re such downers that I don't even bother.  I guess because I have friends here and am a sponsor I care about what takes place.   

 

Unfortunately,   this behavior is a symptom of the whole hobby, not just here.  I see many, many modelers at the shows and most are very turned off by the negativity and don't even visit sites any longer outside oft he build and show threads.

 

https://me.me/i/the-rent-is-too-damn-high-made-on-imgur-as-18482069

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghatherly said:

Hi,

No I don't, just a general assessment based on being able to count neutral or positive threads on on hand.  I don't get much of a chance to look at the site any more and new products threads interest me...or at least used to but they re such downers that I don't even bother.  I guess because I have friends here and am a sponsor I care about what takes place.   

 

Unfortunately,   this behavior is a symptom of the whole hobby, not just here.  I see many, many modelers at the shows and most are very turned off by the negativity and don't even visit sites any longer outside oft he build and show threads.

what negativity are you referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 12:35 PM, DeanKB said:

I have been told that, to keep costs down, there will only be a single Merlin engine in the WNW kit.

 

Is this right? I'd be staggered that a £400-£500 kit would be missing 3 engines?!

I would doubt this.  There are four engines on the HK Lancaster, which is similarly priced to this one.  Additionally, if you look at the WNW website you will see in the description of the kit the following verbatim language: "Optional dummy engine blocks so you don’t need to assemble complete engines to build model."

 

Seems to me the reasonable inference is that if there are optional dummy engine blocks (plural) then there are engines (plural).  Plus, if you look at the video of the test-shot built kit in this thread above, you will see two (2) extra RR Merlin engines laying on the table next to the kit.

Edited by esarmstrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...