Jump to content
seiran01

WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Does it really matter whether or not WNW used research that was done for the Dambusters movie or did their own independent research?      Is there a concern that the accuracy would be somehow different?  WNW has a pretty good reputation for researching a subject to make an accurate kit, so this seems like a moot point.  Same with how long the kit has been in development.  8 years, 5 years, 2 years, what does it matter?  They’ve shown some CAD and test shot images, and most of us are familiar with the quality of WNW’s kits, so I think we’ve gotten a fair impression of what the kit might be like.  Can’t believe that we’re up to 40 pages on a kit that was only announced a couple of weeks ago and won’t be out for a year.  Keep looking at this thread to see if there is any NEW information of the kits, but not finding any.

 

I think the point of making this distinction is to decouple the kit from the movie. One of the underlying assumptions about this kit from the get-go has been that it's a tie-in with the movie, and that its conception, design, and even release timing have all been driven by that. I think we can now state that it's an independent Wingnut Wings production in all departments, driven only by PJ's love of the Lancaster. The movie may never even see the light of day, but the kit most definitely will.

 

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it really going to be a year? WNW lead times from announcement to release are usually very short, their Felixstowe(largest kit to date) was announced when about 2 months from shops IIRC

 

from what ive seen of the kit, it looks closer to release (and far better IMHO) than the LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG awaited HK version......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Markjames1968 said:

is it really going to be a year? WNW lead times from announcement to release are usually very short, their Felixstowe(largest kit to date) was announced when about 2 months from shops IIRC

 

from what ive seen of the kit, it looks closer to release (and far better IMHO) than the LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG awaited HK version......

 

WNW’s own webpage says “late 2019” for release.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

The notion that the kit was based on the movie research got squashed quite a while ago, I thought. Like within the first week the kit was announced. Just shows you how misinformation continues to spread when people don't read through a thread from the beginning.

 

16 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Does it really matter whether or not WNW used research that was done for the Dambusters movie or did their own independent research?      Is there a concern that the accuracy would be somehow different?  WNW has a pretty good reputation for researching a subject to make an accurate kit, so this seems like a moot point.  Same with how long the kit has been in development.  8 years, 5 years, 2 years, what does it matter?  They’ve shown some CAD and test shot images, and most of us are familiar with the quality of WNW’s kits, so I think we’ve gotten a fair impression of what the kit might be like.  Can’t believe that we’re up to 40 pages on a kit that was only announced a couple of weeks ago and won’t be out for a year.  Keep looking at this thread to see if there is any NEW information of the kits, but not finding any.

I apologise, guys.

 

I won't darken your doors in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 5:23 PM, MikeMaben said:

 

Yep , and some dreams turn into nightmares !!  :o

 

 

Definitely 2 seperate hobbies. Once you get to some number of kits in your collection,

it just becomes a matter of time. I 'might' be able to finish my stash if I sat down with

a bottle of glue and a bowl of warm water (painting would take too long) and worked

on them every day. I'd have to hang them from the ceiling of the whole house 'and' the

garage.  (hey , maybe if I skip the decals :P)

 

 

 

There is a large group of modelers who collect unbuilt kits. I know as I was a member for years as the info from them kept me up with whats new. Also I could trade buy and sell to the other guys.The informal group folded when the guy who ran it retired.  He stopped his publication "Kit Collectors Clearinghouse. But the guys still collect kits.

Then consider how close the two informal groups were. Many kit collectors started as model builders and then the number of available kits over ran their time and ability to build them all.

 

Some early kits I was even  forced to sell as they were brigning in $500 each. 

 

My humble PROPOSED  SOLUTON. Displaly the unbult kits. Just cover the walls in one room with the unbuilt kits. Like wallpaper. Some kits can be hung from the ceiling.

They could increase the insultion in that room. Think of the money you will save by lowering the heating bill, by not buying glue, paints, airbrushes, etc. 

You can use the saved money to please your wife by taking her out to dinner, movies, etc. Then she will not object when you buy more kits. 

:punk:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeanKB said:

 

I apologise, guys.

 

I won't darken your doors in the future.

 

Oh, Dean, you're not darkening my door. I just thought that question had been settled already. Maybe we should start a thread of what we know for sure about the kit. We likely won't get much new info about her until we get close to the release in a year's time so hopefully it won't end up 41 pages. It gets real tedious having to go back and forth through all that just to glean a few tiny nuggets of data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ssculptor said:

There is a large group of modelers who collect unbuilt kits. I know as I was a member for years as the info from them kept me up with whats new. Also I could trade buy and sell to the other guys.The informal group folded when the guy who ran it retired.  He stopped his publication "Kit Collectors Clearinghouse".

 

Yep, remember John W. Burns. Had a couple of his catalogs.

 

4Wy8KuJ.jpg?1

 

 

4 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

                             ... It gets real tedious having to go back and forth through all that just to glean a few tiny nuggets of data.

 

Welcome to the internet   :whistle::hi:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a neat idea for just nose art.  But have to say $130 seems very pricey and doesn’t bode well for the price of the complete aircraft kit.  As a minimum, I’d expect the full kit to be 3x the cost of the nose as a minimum, and maybe 4x more since you’re missing most of the fuselage, bomb bay, upper and tail turret, wings, engines, and gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

That’s a neat idea for just nose art.  But have to say $130 seems very pricey and doesn’t bode well for the price of the complete aircraft kit.  As a minimum, I’d expect the full kit to be 3x the cost of the nose as a minimum, and maybe 4x more since you’re missing most of the fuselage, bomb bay, upper and tail turret, wings, engines, and gear.

$390USD then? Sounds more than reasonable...

 

The cost per hours of fun in building, detailing, painting and weathering a 1/32 Lancaster would make it CHEAP entertainment. Super cheap actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is great news indeed

 

I honestly think there is a huge yet untapped market for large scale nose sections/gun bays etc etc, imagine 3 or 4 of these WnW nose sections with your favorite  nose arts

 

I cant wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...