WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

44 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Seriously, though....  I can imagine these were modeled for the movie.  People would probably get all kinds of upset if the movie Lancs were all CGI.  

Why not release them, especially if you had some real passion for the subject.

For me, it says that some of my WWI hopes may be dashed.

Gaz

All CGI wouldn't bother me at all, if they looked realistic and didn't maneuver like F-16's.

38 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

This is great day for our hobby!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

And bad day for our wallets. Be honest, many of us will buy Lancs from both companies :D It's the same as with Mustangs, He-219, Mosquitos etc.

it doesn't matter that you don't have dislay space for it, there is still this collector principle that feeds the market B)

Enjoy it! and maybe we will get the stressed skin effect with this release :rofl:

jan

I don't know, when the B-17 kit was announced, I swore that I'd have one. That, of course, was when I had my own house and 15 times more room than I have now, so no huge bombers for this kid; can't afford them and nowhere to display them either.

Well, the internet is going to be alight for some time over this news.

A total surprise out of stage left.

Could WNW be testing our appetite for ultra large model kits perhaps?

If so, maybe a 1/32 zeppelin is not so far removed from fantasy afterall?

Back to the Dambusters Lanc for a second though......wonder if it will come with a 1/32nd scale labrador complete with censorred name tag?

As long as this proves to be an aberration and WNW goes back to making WWI stuff in the future, it's not a big deal.

The company exists as Peter Jackson's personal play thing and we have learned in interviews that they kit whatever it is he is interested in, and that they do no need to make a profit.

Combine that with an upcoming Peter Jackson Dambuster film, and it makes a lot of sense that WNW is making this kit.

I'm just annoyed that our "3 new kits under development" is really only 1, plus the Lancs.  

3 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Much the same as the Z-M and Tamiya P-51D, as well as the Z-M & Hasegawa Jacks; just a sad coincidence, I think.

And the ZM He218 and Revell He218, and the ZM Do-335 and HK Do-335.

I don't think the HK kits were going to make WNW any money and Peter J wanted a merchandise tie-in. If HK cuts their price, I am sure they can sell some kits, too.

I would like to see WNW box them under a different label. Keep WNW as WWI and maybe WWIIW (World War II Wings) for their new Lancs and... who knows. 

5 hours ago, seiran01 said:

I have contacted Dave @ WNW, he can confirm that over 8 years of research, design and tooling have gone into this model.... so far.

Well they could have made some kind of announcement sooner than this. It's going to hurt HK for sure and to announce it so close to the release  of the HK kit is pretty low.