WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

6 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Who cares? If you like it buy it. If not there’s $600 you can spend on something else

$600 buys you an entire squadron of Revell Spitfires. 

For $600, I'm expecting my WNW Lanc to not only look 100% real, I'm expecting it to bring me coffee in the morning, mow the lawn twice a week and walk the dogs.

30 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Who cares? If you like it buy it. If not there’s $600 you can spend on something else

Whoa there! No one said it would be that much. This is supposed to be a "relaxing hobby". For that kind of money I can have a very relaxing holiday with no paint fumes, no sander dust and no carpet monsters to chase around the floor. :D

Radu 

16 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

For $600, I'm expecting my WNW Lanc to not only look 100% real, I'm expecting it to bring me coffee in the morning, mow the lawn twice a week and walk the dogs.

:thumbsup:  After it’s release and much scrutiny we’ll find out if it is all this and more. 

Apologies for any flippancy. Some of the detailed arguments are interesting up to a point.

The standard of witty replies here are great though...:bow:

I would think Sir Peter and Co would try to stick close to the price they are hinting g at on the site:

"Avro Lancaster B.Mk.1/III (Early) in development for release in late 2019. Price to be confirmed but we really hope we can keep it to somewhere between US$349 & US$399."

5 hours ago, DeanKB said:

This would be fine, and hopefully it will not want to sneak out at night and go bomb Germany!

Alain

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I would think Sir Peter and Co would try to stick close to the price they are hinting g at on the site:

"Avro Lancaster B.Mk.1/III (Early) in development for release in late 2019. Price to be confirmed but we really hope we can keep it to somewhere between US$349 & US$399."

I really hoped to win the lottery & marry Michelle Pfeiffer. 

I'm expecting WNW's hopes to be just as successful as mine.

9 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

When did this kit get to $600 Pup?    Last I heard, WN was still shooting for under $399.   

2 hours ago, John1 said:

When did this kit get to $600 Pup?    Last I heard, WN was still shooting for under $399.   

The retail price here in Australia has already been pegged at AU$700, though it would be nice if that changed to something a bit lower between now and the release date. At the current exchange rate, that's about US$490.

Kev

3 hours ago, John1 said:

Hi John

LSP Kevin has answered that one above/ below...

Cheers

Edited by Pup7309

57 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

The retail price here in Australia has already been pegged at AU$700, though it would be nice if that changed to something a bit lower between now and the release date. At the current exchange rate, that's about US$490.

Kev

$700 egads...yup 570 + gst + conversion fee. Markup and postage added. 

Edited by Pup7309

On 7/12/2019 at 1:13 PM, DeanKB said:

I think it's about how much better than Tamiya WNW's are going to be, and whether they will bother eliminating world poverty, hunger and war, or just make a BE.2.

World poverty will have been eliminated once the WNW Lancaster is available to buy, the Be2c is in development, and Tamiya are shaking in their boots!