WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

1 hour ago, ade rowlands said:

Personally hoping they still do that forward fuselage section only kit. I could go for a couple of those.

They will be unless plans changed, they noted that at Telford last year - will be a year or two after the full kits come out 

15 hours ago, seiran01 said:

They will be unless plans changed, they noted that at Telford last year - will be a year or two after the full kits come out 

Great! That gives me time to reduce my stash before buying more kits

19 hours ago, pascale said:

I just spotted on the WNW website, they are hopeful the kit will retail for $350-$400 when it is released late this year.

£1 buys $1.20 (Thanks, BREXIT. Two years ago it was $1.50).

$400/1.20=£333

Delivery $50=£42

Sub-Total £375

VAT @ 20% £75

Parcelforce £8

Total £458

That's less than I imagined. Much less.

Maybe a bit cheaper from Hannants, as they'll sweat the delivery charge over a massive order.

I'm pleasantly surprised.

18 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

£1 buys $1.20 (Thanks, BREXIT. Two years ago it was $1.50).

$400/1.20=£333

Delivery $50=£42

Sub-Total £375

VAT @ 20% £75

Parcelforce £8

Total £458

That's less than I imagined. Much less.

Maybe a bit cheaper from Hannants, as they'll sweat the delivery charge over a massive order.

I'm pleasantly surprised.

Hmmm, not too bad Dean but still £100 more than I paid for my HK Lanc, I wonder if the WNW one will be £100 better? :)

3 hours ago, mozart said:

Hmmm, not too bad Dean but still £100 more than I paid for my HK Lanc, I wonder if the WNW one will be £100 better? :)

Goodness only knows!

Both the HK & WNW kits are beyond the means of many modellers anyway.

I rather suspect that WNW's Lancaster will be £499 or so. Which, frankly, is quite ludicrous, even for a 4 engined WWII bomber in 1/32. One could buy, for instance, 25 Revell Spitfires, 5 Tamiya Spitfires, 3 Tamiya Mossies, 5 WNW two-seaters, etc for the same money. I rather suspect that those buying the WNW Lanc already have close to all that in their stash's as it is. 

It's certainly a first world problem. I know train "modellers" (no modelling, just buy and put them on your track) who happily spend £500 on a single train.

(I'm trying to justify this to myself here - how am I doing?)

Having said that, WNW have a core of customers who would buy a 1/32 house-brick if it came in a WNW box, so I suspect it will sell whatever the price, at least in pretty small numbers. I'd guess - with exactly zero evidence - that WNW are making a fairly small run, maybe 5,000 or so?

20 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

Goodness only knows!

Both the HK & WNW kits are beyond the means of many modellers anyway.

I rather suspect that WNW's Lancaster will be £499 or so. Which, frankly, is quite ludicrous, even for a 4 engined WWII bomber in 1/32. One could buy, for instance, 25 Revell Spitfires, 5 Tamiya Spitfires, 3 Tamiya Mossies, 5 WNW two-seaters, etc for the same money. I rather suspect that those buying the WNW Lanc already have close to all that in their stash's as it is. 

It's certainly a first world problem. I know train "modellers" (no modelling, just buy and put them on your track) who happily spend £500 on a single train.

(I'm trying to justify this to myself here - how am I doing?)

Having said that, WNW have a core of customers who would buy a 1/32 house-brick if it came in a WNW box, so I suspect it will sell whatever the price, at least in pretty small numbers. I'd guess - with exactly zero evidence - that WNW are making a fairly small run, maybe 5,000 or so?

Man you nailed it!...I’ll buy the Lancaster, not the dam buster though.....and the house brick, even if just for the darned box art!

My suggestion is to wait and see what the price of the kit turns out to be.  If WNW say they are trying to keep the price under $400, then I don’t see why anyone shouldn’t accept that.  They have been making kits for awhile and probably have a better idea of how much it costs to make a kit than any internet commando.  Personally, I’m fine if it only has one complete engine.  I’m not a big fan of uncowled engines myself, and even if I were, I probably wouldn’t display more than one.   Ideally, you’d be able to display the engine separately but still have the parts to make the engine nacelle closed up like the other three.

Little value in speculating about the price.  Maybe they’ll keep it under $400, maybe they won’t.  It will be what it will be, regardless of any guessing in threads like these.

Edited by Dave Williams

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

My suggestion is to wait and see what the price of the kit turns out to be.  If WNW say they are trying to keep the price under $400, then I don’t see why anyone shouldn’t accept that.  They have been making kits for awhile and probably have a better idea of how much it costs to make a kit than any internet commando.  Personally, I’m fine if it only has one complete engine.  I’m not a big fan of uncowled engines myself, and even if I were, I probably wouldn’t display more than one.   Ideally, you’d be able to display the engine separately but still have the parts to make the engine nacelle closed up like the other three.

Little value in speculating about the price.  Maybe they’ll keep it under $400, maybe they won’t.  It will be what it will be, regardless of any guessing in threads like these.

I never realised I was an internet Commando.

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I agree with you whole heartedly.    What really gets old that with every new release announcement, the same folks every time turn the thread in a " poor woe is me, the price is to high" complaint thread.   

Everything costs more. I remember the first kit I bought that was over $100.00 Canadian dollars Trumpeter A-10 (back then that would’ve been about $7.00 USD’s haha) I swore I’d never buy a kit over $200.00 CDN, well that was $300.00 ago. And I still buy them...

3 hours ago, chrish said:

Everything costs more. I remember the first kit I bought that was over $100.00 Canadian dollars Trumpeter A-10 (back then that would’ve been about $7.00 USD’s haha) I swore I’d never buy a kit over $200.00 CDN, well that was $300.00 ago. And I still buy them...

I agree.  Look at the price of autos,  food houses, everything that we have and use goes up,  making our old money worth less than when we earned it.

Maybe we should refer to model prices in terms of ounces of gold? Maybe it would sound better? "Wow, I can buy that WNW kit for only 1/3 oz of gold!" See, sounds better. Just don't mention what it costs in ounces of silver...