WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

One impressive beastie, that's for sure.

When I first heard it announced, I thought, "no way, not gonna do it. One big Lancaster is enough for me." I have an HK one that I'm definitely building, but turns out, she's earmarked for a museum at this point. As I thought more about this kit, I think it might fall under those "once in a lifetime" builds. I've got several others in that category... Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger with upgrades, Trumpeter 1/200 USS Hornet, 1/6 Hasegawa Se.5a, and 1/96 wooden USS Constitution. Seeing these images probably sealed the deal. I'd love to have one in my display case for myself and others to enjoy. She's tastefully beautiful.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Having just seen it "in the flesh" I was delighted to see that the stressed skin effect isn't as noticeable as I feared from looking at photographs. It most certainly is one very impressive beastie, but then so is the HK one, most definitely not "the poor relation". 

Yes, I saw this yesterday as well and would fully support Max in his assertions about the stressed skin effect; this is beautifully done!

The Lancaster nose means that I'm now down for my first WNW kit when it finally appears on the shelves. Speaking with Mark on the WNW stand, he was very aware that this is an early Lancaster nose, but stated that a modeller would be free to adjust or amend the nose kit to make a later version. I don't care for web-based speculation about forthcoming kits on discussion boards (waste of time and electrons in my view!) but in this case I'm confident that a later blister for the nose will be forthcoming from either WNW or one of the aftermarket companies. Roll on 2020!

Edited by Padraic Conway
fat finger typo :(

I did think that the initial pictures looked like a finished WnW kit, and speculated that it would be released soon, but looking closely at the latest shots, i think, yes, the kit still needs a lot of attention

what do the people who have seen it think, looks a bit gappy and clumsy to me, certainly not WnW standards just yet

Patience grasshopper

The assembled model looked like a mixture of 3D printed and injection moulded parts. The rear and forward fuselage looked like 3D prints, where the engine cowlings, spinners etc were a lot cleaner like IM plastic.

This is a long way from finished, but it looks to be a very impressive kit when we get it, 

Cheers,

Bill.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that new Wingleader magazine was discussed in General Discussion already

but didn't see any direct heads-up that there is free sample available to download with couple of pages dedicated to interview with Richard Alexander about creating WNW Lanc

sorry if it was mentioned already on the forum, anyhow really nice reading

jan

https://www.wingleadermagazine.com/#Free-Sample

Edited by Jan_G

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...