WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

3 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I apologise, guys.

I won't darken your doors in the future.

Oh, Dean, you're not darkening my door. I just thought that question had been settled already. Maybe we should start a thread of what we know for sure about the kit. We likely won't get much new info about her until we get close to the release in a year's time so hopefully it won't end up 41 pages. It gets real tedious having to go back and forth through all that just to glean a few tiny nuggets of data.

7 hours ago, ssculptor said:

There is a large group of modelers who collect unbuilt kits. I know as I was a member for years as the info from them kept me up with whats new. Also I could trade buy and sell to the other guys.The informal group folded when the guy who ran it retired.  He stopped his publication "Kit Collectors Clearinghouse".

Yep, remember John W. Burns. Had a couple of his catalogs.

4Wy8KuJ.jpg?1

4 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

... It gets real tedious having to go back and forth through all that just to glean a few tiny nuggets of data.

Welcome to the internet   :whistle::hi:

• 2 weeks later...

That’s a neat idea for just nose art.  But have to say $130 seems very pricey and doesn’t bode well for the price of the complete aircraft kit.  As a minimum, I’d expect the full kit to be 3x the cost of the nose as a minimum, and maybe 4x more since you’re missing most of the fuselage, bomb bay, upper and tail turret, wings, engines, and gear.

46 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

That’s a neat idea for just nose art.  But have to say $130 seems very pricey and doesn’t bode well for the price of the complete aircraft kit.  As a minimum, I’d expect the full kit to be 3x the cost of the nose as a minimum, and maybe 4x more since you’re missing most of the fuselage, bomb bay, upper and tail turret, wings, engines, and gear.

$390USD then? Sounds more than reasonable...

The cost per hours of fun in building, detailing, painting and weathering a 1/32 Lancaster would make it CHEAP entertainment. Super cheap actually.